Looking for help finding a book

Hi

I remember reading a book around 6 years while I was on holiday, the storyline basically revolved around an "Urban Explorer", someone who finds and explorers old buildings.

If I recall correctly, in the book he was exploring an old hotel, I also recall there being someone who lived on the top floor in the penthouse suite who was unable to leave it because he had a disease, I think it may have been hemophilia. In the end he discovers that his wife was murdererd at this hotel, and I think theres something about some gold involved.

It was an action/mystery novel.

I've tried googling it but the vague description plus "urban explorer" turning up millions of results means I've had no luck.

Hope you can help me as I would love to read this book again :)!

Crooksy must have liked it because came here looking for the title, but what about you others, lopeanha and Charm, is it any good? It's gotten me interested :blush:

As far as I can remember frankie, it wasn't too bad. Although it all takes place in a run down, deserted hotel, in the dark and I'm claustrophobic :huh: I did finish it and it kept me interested though so it must have had something! ;)