Hello from The Sleepy Reader

The Sleepy Reader

Happy New Year everyone!

Phew! Now that that's out of the way, I figure I'd better introduce myself... although there isn't really all that much to say.

I'm The Sleepy Reader, I'm {cough} in my late twenties and I'm a bookaholic. I do, however, have a little bit of a confession to make and that is that although I am a bookaholic I've actually been in a little bit of a reading slump for the past few months. Not that that has stopped me from buying books though... I think I may actually have a little bit of a problem when it comes to that side of things. Still, what better thing to do than join a book related forum - I'm sure this place is full of people like me. {waves hello} Anyway, as I was saying my reading slump has lasted a lot longer than it ever has before, although on the plus side it does seem to have slowly disappeared over the last week or two. It's just a shame that although I've been in the mood for reading and have had a few extra days off work due to Christmas (which would usually allow me lots of extra reading time) I haven't actually had the time to do any because I've been busier than ever. Which is just blimmin' typical. Still with a four day weekend stretching ahead of me and absolutely no plans I'm hoping that that's all about to change and now that I've joined the Book Club Forum - which looks fab by the way - I'm sure I will get my reading mojo back in a jiffy!

Errr... what else is there to say? Hmmm... when I am reading I tend to read more contemporary women's fiction than anything else (including chick lit I hasten to add, which I know gets looked down upon by many readers, but I for one love it) but to be honest as long it has the ability to draw me in then I'll pretty much read anything.

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and a happy (and safe) New Year and I'll hopefully see you around the place.

- The Sleepy Reader

Hello Sleepy Reader, and an excellent New Year to you! Welcome to the forum, this is just the place for booklovers like us, and for people who have a tendency to buy a lot of books :blush: I'm certain that once you get settled in here, you'll be sucked into the book reading atmosphere and feel of the place and then nothing will stop you. Then you'll only just read read read buy books read :smile2:

Hey Sleepy Reader, welcome to BCF. I hope you find a lot of new recommendations and I'm quite sure you'll settle in here great.

Edited by Ben

Hello and welcome! This is a great place and I'm sure you will enjoy a lot around here.

Don't worry to much about the reading mojo. Or just remember Daniel Pennac and our 10 inalienable rights:

1.The right to not read,

2.The right to skip pages,

3.The right to not finish a book,

4.The right to reread,

5.The right to read anything,

6.The right to "Bovary-ism," a textually-transmitted disease,

7.The right to read anywhere,

8.The right to sample and steal ("grappiller")

9.The right to read out-loud, and,

10.The right to be silent.

:)