Janet's Reading 2011

Janet

Very nice spreadsheets, Janet!

I have one spreadsheet for books read, with title, author, date started, date finished, date of publication (decade, not exact year - don't know why) and number of pages. I could never add the cost; it would be too much to know what I spend on books. Having said that, I did keep a budget last year with a specific section for books, so I have a vague idea.

I love all of the extra columns you have. :)

Thanks, Kylie. :) It's evolved as I've taken on challenges or read questions posted here (like the one about whether people read more male or female authors - I can't remember if I ever answered that though after working it out! :lol: ).

I know I know But I can't help but play the devil's advocate today, it's one of those cheeky days :giggle:

I won't be worn down, I won't, I won't. Well, I'll try not to be, anyway! :giggle2:

Hrmm I did recently acquire Excel, maybe I should break it out. Not even for listing the books/authors/pages etc necessarily, since I track all those in my blog,but for the costs. I haven't bought any books this year so far, and it'd be interesting to see how much I spend in the coming months. With all of my non-existent money. :lol:

It will also help me avoid situations like one I had literally five minutes ago: discovering I have TWO copies of The Swan Thieves, because the covers are different and I tend to remember books by their covers - I obviously assumed I hadn't bought it. :thud:

It certainly helps me to remember if I've already bought a book. Before I started recording my purchases I nearly bought a copy of Black Swan Green. I can't remember why I didn't in the end, but I found a copy in the bottom of a shopping bag about 6 months later that I'd forgotten I'd bought!

Yes, I've noticed! I was thinking of commenting on how you seem to be trying to get anyone and everyone to buy more books today.

What do you mean? I've only tried to talk myself into buying more stuff on BookDepo. I've only egged Janet on. You tried to make Karsa Orlong buy more books per one order! Don't try and blame me on stuff you are guilty of yourself, missy!

:giggle:

You two make me laugh so much! :lol::)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? I've only tried to talk myself into buying more stuff on BookDepo. I've only egged Janet on. You tried to make Karsa Orlong buy more books per one order! Don't try and blame me on stuff you are guilty of yourself, missy!

You're forgetting poor Ben, who you've all but convinced to take up a challenge to read all of the reading circle books! I don't reckon he conveniently has them all on his TBR pile already. :P

I'm glad we're entertaining, Janet. :) I tell you, it's hard work trying to keep Frankie in line...

I won't be worn down, I won't, I won't. Well, I'll try not to be, anyway! :giggle2:

I'll try and root for you, but things aren't looking that good :giggle:

You're forgetting poor Ben, who you've all but convinced to take up a challenge to read all of the reading circle books! I don't reckon he conveniently has them all on his TBR pile already. :P

Oh, he's such a vibrant book buyer on his own, I bet he conveniently and miraculously HAS all those books already. He has a big TBR pile. Mmm'm. Why do you want to belittle Ben's literary achievements? That's not very nice.

What? You're contradicting yourself, woman! Do you want Janet to buy books or not? Make up your mind! :P

Oh, he's such a vibrant book buyer on his own, I bet he conveniently and miraculously HAS all those books already. He has a big TBR pile. Mmm'm. Why do you want to belittle Ben's literary achievements? That's not very nice.

:o Now you've lost the plot! Belittle Ben's literary achievements indeed! I did no such thing and you know it. :P

What? You're contradicting yourself, woman! Do you want Janet to buy books or not? Make up your mind! :P

But it's really not up to me! Maybe we should leave Janet well alone and just observe from afar what happens.

:o Now you've lost the plot! Belittle Ben's literary achievements indeed! I did no such thing and you know it. :P

I know, I don't know what came over me. It's all the tea I've been drinking, not being able to drink coffee!

Sorry Janet for hijacking your thread :unsure:

I'm glad we're entertaining, Janet. :) I tell you, it's hard work trying to keep Frankie in line...

I can imagine!

(Only kidding, frankie :hug: )

But it's really not up to me! Maybe we should leave Janet well alone and just observe from afar what happens.

Sorry Janet for hijacking your thread :unsure:

I popped into our little town this morning and resolutely walked past my favourite charity shop - I'm holding firm!!

No need to apologise for using the thread - it's what it's here for. :)