easy books

Hello,

I'm spanish girl and I'm learning english. I love read and I think to read in english it's good for me. I read charlie and the chocolate factory (I read in spanish too, when I were a child) and I enjoyed a lot. Now I'm looking for other similar book.

Any recommendations or advices?

Thanks in advance :)

Hello Elena and welcome. I would recommend reading everything by Roald Dahl. He is a wonderful author and I'm sure you will enjoy his other books as much as you enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Matilda and The BFG are two of my other favourites by him.

Hello Elena and welcome. I would recommend reading everything by Roald Dahl. He is a wonderful author and I'm sure you will enjoy his other books as much as you enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Matilda and The BFG are two of my other favourites by him.

Hi Kylie :)

I read in Spanish matilda and BFG, I think your idea is great because I loved this books in Spanish and now I can joy them in English too. I saw on inet a book called Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl. Did you read it? Do you think it's difficult?

Lots of thanks.

Elena

I read Revolting Rhymes many years ago, and I think I enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend reading it in English though, because I'm not sure how the rhymes would translate into another language! I think you will have no trouble reading them. :)

Hola Elena

I would say chose some of the books you have read in Spanish and read them in English that way you are not constantly searching for a translation and can enjoy the story you know. My cousin and I often exchange ideas of books we have read (her in Spanish and me in English)

I read Revolting Rhymes many years ago, and I think I enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend reading it in English though, because I'm not sure how the rhymes would translate into another language! I think you will have no trouble reading them. :)

Thanks! I think I'll enjoy them :)

Hola Elena

I would say chose some of the books you have read in Spanish and read them in English that way you are not constantly searching for a translation and can enjoy the story you know. My cousin and I often exchange ideas of books we have read (her in Spanish and me in English)

Yes, It's good but when I'll have more level I want read new books because to read the same books all time is boring.

Is your cousin learning spanish? I recommend to her "Sin noticias de Gurb" by Eduardo Mendoza, It's easy to understand and the story it's funny.

It's nice to have a person who can you talk about books! :)

Yes, It's good but when I'll have more level I want read new books because to read the same books all time is boring.

Is your cousin learning spanish? I recommend to her "Sin noticias de Gurb" by Eduardo Mendoza, It's easy to understand and the story it's funny.

It's nice to have a person who can you talk about books! :)

Hi Elena, No she is Spanish but our tastes in books overlaps so she recommends a book she has found and I recommend one back and we look for it in our own languages :D .

But I agree Roald Dahl is a brilliant author to start with and he has a wide range of books to choose from.

I'd say some of the Harry Potter books are great.. those are the first books that really got me reading a whole book in english (cause I couldn't wait for the translations), and the first few books aren't that hard, and not that big. Been a while since I read them, but they get a little bit more difficult as you get further in the series, so it's good for developing yourself.

And maybe Garth Nix? I haven't read his books in english myself, only translated, but they're such easy books that I can't imagine the english being difficult. I'm talking about the "old kingdom" trilogy.

Also, reading books for young adults is always a good idea, as they tend to have easier language.

Stay away from the classics though, some of those still have me looking up words.. ;)

Good luck, and it's such a good way to learn english, can't tell you how much my english has improved since I started reading almost exclusively in english. :D