Any Recommendations? =)

Hello fellow readers and book-lovers! I am here looking for books that I can read in the year 2011. I have read a mixture of books this year, but for next year, I simply want to read books mostly in the Gothic Literature (be it classics such as Wuthering Heights or modern like Fallen by Lauren Kate and the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer!), Science Fiction or Fantasy/ Supernatural genres. I have recently read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, The Lord of The Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien and have been fascinated with books like these since, so I am willing to explore more of these genres! But yes, those are the kinds of books I'm looking for, something dark yet action-packed and full of adventure. I appreciate those of you who can help me out with many suggestions. Thanks in advanced to everyone!

Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instrument series; 'City Of Bones', 'City Of Ashes', 'City of Glass'. Great read!

Angie Sage's Septimus Heap series; 'Magyk', 'Flyte', 'Physik', 'Queste' and 'Syren'. They are original and beautifully written books.

Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials Trilogy; 'Northern Lights', 'The Subtle Knife' and 'The Amber Spyglass'. Fabulous books.

Strangely all three are considered Young Adult, but I think the subject matter and the depth with which they have been written make them just very good books, irregardless of their intended demographic. :)

Hello fellow readers and book-lovers! I am here looking for books that I can read in the year 2011. I have read a mixture of books this year, but for next year, I simply want to read books mostly in the Gothic Literature (be it classics such as Wuthering Heights or modern like Fallen by Lauren Kate and the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer!), Science Fiction or Fantasy/ Supernatural genres. I have recently read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, The Lord of The Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien and have been fascinated with books like these since, so I am willing to explore more of these genres! But yes, those are the kinds of books I'm looking for, something dark yet action-packed and full of adventure. I appreciate those of you who can help me out with many suggestions. Thanks in advanced to everyone!

Maybe you can joy Isaac Asimov book's. It is science fiction :)

• 1 month later...

There is a YA fantasy trilogy by Libba Bray that I read last year and I think you might enjoy them. Here they are in order: A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing.

Also, since you enjoyed the Twilight series there is a trilogy you may enjoy by Maggie Siefvater (no vampires, but wolves). The first book is Shiver, the second is Linger, and the third is Forever, but it has not been released yet. Have been compared to Twilight, but I thought they were more mature and better written.

Hope this helps. Happy reading!

The Evernight Series by Claudia Gray looks good, I read the first two Evernight and Stargazer. Stargazer is better than Evernight as there was more action in it from the start. As Evernight builds the story and love life of Bianca and Lucas. I leave it as that as I'll probably give too much away.

hi just a suggestion but have you tried the Charlaine Harris Trueblood novels? I read the series and loved them. They're alot better than the series if you have seen them. If you havent heard of them they are basically adult versions of twiliight.