Madcow's Book List 2007

madcow

Originally Posted by madcow viewpost.gif

Now moving on to Without Consent by Kathryn Fox:

All of the victims have a blade-shaped bruise on their chests. All heard the rapist utter the words 'If you can't be hurt you can't be loved'. And all were told they would die if they went to the police.

Forensic physician Dr Anya Crichton is on the trail of a violent serial rapist. When two of the women are later found stabbed to death in apparently frenzied attacks, police suspicion immedialtely falls upon Geoffrey Willard, recently released from twenty years in prison for the brutal rape and murder of a fourteen year old girl.

Unravelling the forensic evidence, however, Anya's just not sure...

That sounds like a great book :censored:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Without Consent last night and really enjoyed it, definately up there with Karin Slaughter and Kathy Reichs. For those of you who like 'crime' novels I would recommend Kathryn Fox.

My next read will be Novembers reading circle book Atonement by Ian McEwan.

• 1 month later...

Well this last few weeks my reading mojo has been, to put it mildly, PANTS!

Only read a few pages of Atonement then got the 'can't be bothered to read any more' feeling, managed to read And Another Thing by Jeremy Clarkson which was hilarious. Got a James Patterson audio book from the library and tried to listen to it but gave up after 6 attempts (I never got past the first cd!) it kept sending me to sleep. Popped into the library yesterday and came home with Mia Dolan's first book The Gift, half way through it and enjoying it a lot. Also another Clarkson book Born To Be Riled and Lauren Weisbergers' The Devil Wears Prada. Hopefully they will kick start my reading mojo back into shape.

I was hoping to have read 50+ books this year but alas it is not to be. I will aim to do this in 2008.

Finished The Gift this afternoon, an enjoyable easy read to help ease me back into the swing of things. I love anything psychic. Not sure what to read next will have to go away and think about it.....

That brings my total for 2007 up to 44. Not a bad effort but I will try to beat it in 2008.