Madcow's Book List 2007

madcow

Just finished Broken Skin, I think it was the best of the three although the other two are great. I feel like I know the main characters and could see these books being made into a tv series! If you love crime you'll love Stuart MacBride's books.

Don't know what I'm going to read next, maybe a trip to the library in the morning will help :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you enjoyed Broken Skin so much - I agree - it's my favourite of the three too (although, like you, I loved the first two as well!). I can hardly wait for MacBride's next book!

I can hardly wait for MacBride's next book!

Neither can I!

Ok went to the library this morning and came back with Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino, Broken Angels by Richard Montanari and Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and whilst I was there I have reserved The Apple by Michel Faber, really looking forward to reading this one.

So I am now going to read Grotesque, i enjoyed Out by the same author so hopefully this will be too.

Can't get into Grotesque, it's not the book I've just lost my reading mojo. A very close family friend passed away unexpectedly on Sunday and I'm at sixes and sevens. Hopefully things will settle down next week after the funeral on Saturday. My youngest has taken it really hard so I am trying to be strong for her and it's just leaving me drained.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! :lol: I hope you're doing all right...I know the next few days are going to be tough. I'll be thinking about you!

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's very draining when someone you care about dies. Let yourself grieve, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I made that mistake recently, letting someone I thought cared about me tell me to get over it, move on with my life and go back to work the day after my Grandma died. If you ever need to chat to someone, just e-mail me (I'm sure my address is on my profile!). I may not reply immediately due to the move but I promise I will reply if you contact me.

I'm sure you shared some really special times with that friend. Remember those and they'll never be gone.

madcow- im so very sorry about your loss- its a very difficult experience to go through- i lost my husband and mother within 2 days of each other in october 2005 and i never thought i could make it through that- but a little faith and talking to people to ease your grief will help- carm

Aww thanks guys, keeping busy helps take my mind off things, plus having a good cry whilst out with the boys. :lol: to Kat too cos I know she is feeling the loss too.

lovesreading- i cant even begin to say how awful it was-it still gets to me and i get all weepy and sad... so my heart goes out to anyone who's suffered a loss- carm

Ok I haven't read anything bookwise since ermm the 14th because I just haven't felt like it, but I have just received an email from the library and a copy of Michel Faber's The Apple is waiting for me and I can't wait to pick it up! Lets' hope my reading mojo is returning.

Been to the library and picked up The Apple, More Crimson Petal stories by Michel Faber and I am going to indulge myself and start reading it this afternoon whilst Hannah and Sam are in the cinema watching the HP film :lol: