Louise's Books 2007

Louiseog

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd start at the beginning (a very good place to start!!) which is 'The Body on the Beach' and then go on from there.

Finished it last night and was great, easy to read, lovely, developing relationships among the characters and a believable story.

Started 'The Instance of the fingerpost'

Finished the Instance of the Fingerpost and will post on that thread.

Kathy Kincaid, mrs Murphy hires a cleaner, just what I needed, easy, lovely story.

Half way through The Thunderbolt Kid Bill Bryson which was a Christmas present. Have only ever listened to his others but am really enjoying his stories of being a child in the 1950s. Worth it.

Malcolm Pryce - Aberwrystwyth mon Amour

I'd love to hear what you think when you get around to this one!

I have read all of Malcolm Pryce's Aberystwyth books now (I can't remember off-hand if it is 3 or 4, and they are on my bookshelves at my parents' house). I went to university in Aberystwyth, so I love them for nostalgic reasons. Part of the fun is that they seem to show quite a perverse view of Aberystwyth that seemed quite different to what I remembered.

I hope you enjoy it...

By the way, your list is very impressive! My bookshelves seem almost sparse by comparison.

I did, a sort of mix of proper detective novel (Raymond Chandler) and mad Jasper Ffordeness.

Set in Wales in a parallel universe, good fun

Phew!

Glad you liked it! The Jasper Ffordeness never occurred to me when I read it first, but I can see what you mean...

Gave up on Mrs Mapp.

Went onto Kate Atkinson One Good Turn follow on from Case Histories subtitle a Jolly Mystery.

Set in Edinburgh Festival, different stories interact and collide.

Then: Veronica Stallwood, Oxford Exit which was OK!

Now going onto writing the CV!