Similar books to the "Twilight" series?

Haven't read Twilight (and after trying to watch the first film but not being able to stand it anymore after half the film.. the chances of me reading the books are slim to none) but maybe series like the Vampire Diaries? Think there's quite a few series like it out there, young adult vampire books are popping up everywhere..

Bizarrely as the second person to respond, I haven't read the Twilight series either!

I recently read , and truly enjoyed the Cassandra Clare Mortal Instrument series (3 books to date); 'City Of Bones', 'City Of Ashes' and 'City Of Glass'. They are fast paced, really well described, there is the range of relationships from long term friends to new encounters and love. If you like a touch of the supernatural without it being overplayed, I can thoroughly recommend them. :)

p.s. Welcome to the forum. :wink:

I've read an awful lot of supernatural YA books in the last couple of years since having my interest piqued by the Twilight series, and I think my favourites for teen romance with a supernatural feel would have to be Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (third book in the trilogy out next year).

I used to read Twilight, but stopped once the films come out. But here are some that I've really enjoyed reading and are similar to twilight (kinda):

The Morganville Vampire Series (Really good - 9 book series up to now)

The House of Night series (Really good, series that will have 12 books)

Vampire Academy (Unsure of how many there are but have been told that they are good)

The Women of the otherworld Series (I love this series so much. the Author is amazing. it has werewolves, witches, demons, although not a whole book dedicated to vampires.)

Anita Blake Series (Unlike twilight, but has vampires in and is older. Would say definately PG13)

Theres more books like twilight, I just can't think of whats on my shelf. I was told shiver, but could not get into it, but I would say try reading to see for yourself :D

Hope I helped :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

After posting a similar question in another forum, someone recommeded to me : Gemma Doyle series, by Libba Bray.

Also, the Mortal Insturments (as mentioned) was really awesome too.

j

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want something different and more serialized then perhaps you could try out a comic. DC Comics is releasing a monthly vampire title in September as part of its relaunch, and this looks like its going to follow in the footsteps of the modern vampire mythos rather than the older capes and castles comic approach. The book will be called I, Vampire.

• 1 month later...

there are loads of good choices here - the Vampire Academy books are brilliant, there are 5 in total. Also the Shiver/ Linger books are brill and hush, hush and crescendo...

But if I were you I would go for VA. The romance is fab and the action is amazing! these are my favorite books in a series by far!

• 2 weeks later...