"Last Stand" Type of books

I don't think these type of book belong to a certain genre, but I'm looking for any suspense/thriller/murder mystery type books where a group of people are trapped in one location and they get killed one by one.

The only such book I've read is "And then there were none", but I'd like to read some other books that has the same idea involving a trapped group of people.

Thanks

From a historical perspective, you might want to look into novels about The Alamo, or the Battle of Rorke's Drift, both of which events featured a group of individuals fighting against a much larger force. There are also several accounts of Custer's final days. Some zombie novels also feature this device - most cribbed from the plots of the Living Dead series, but there are many original plots in the genre as well, plenty of which have massive casualty lists.

The only one I have read recently is Derek Gunn's Vampire Apocalypse...Humans last stand against Vampires sounds far more cheesy than it is I have read the first two of the books but will get round to the third when I can.

How about Albert Sanchez Pinol's 'Cold Skin'?

It's a story pared down to very few elements; A remote lighthouse, two survivors and a hellish, nightly siege.

While not a murder-mystery, nor a thriller, it does have plenty of tension, suspense and horror, but your enjoyment of it might come down to the question of whether you like stories with a fantastical bent or not.

You could try 'Who Goes There?' by John W. Campbell Jr (although it was published under a pen name of Don A. Stuart). It's only a short book, and it inspired the movie 'The Thing From Another World', which in turn inspired the movie 'The Thing'.

You could always try "Last Stand!" by Bryan Perrett :giggle2:

Full title is "Last Stand: famous Battles Against: Famous Battles Against the Odds" (Cassell Military Classics) I have a copy on the shelf, but I think it's out of print.

It covers Rorke's Drift, the Alamo and Little Big Horn and a number of others.

Good luck!