Flashforward

Jhorton

You bet. I finished Flashforward. I thought it was a great read, especially if you like books from guys like Michael Crichton. The refreshingly original storyline revolves around CERN's Large Hadron Collider. An experiment causes people all over the world to experience life twenty years in the future for 2 1/2 minutes. The novel includes just enough science to make it draw you in without putting you to sleep. Flashforward also has a rather interesting ending!

• 2 months later...

I was enjoying the TV series, but think it was pulled :( I had heard that the book had was rather different to the series, and I must get hold of it. I enjoy Michael Crichton's type of writing, based on science, and if it explores some interesting issues too then so much the better.

Then that book is on my reading list now, that is if I can find it here. The series seemed to stop suddenly. Many story lines weren't finished yet, perhaps they wanted an open ending. I really enjoyed watching it. They should at least have made an episode to finish the running story lines.

I do want to read this book, I realize it's quite different from the series.. I liked the series, I loved that they kept it short as it is, I would have hated it dragged out as Lost (might finish watching it one day but it's just sooooo long sometimes), even if they meant to keep it longer, it's fine as is. More scientifically explained works for me, I am always asking, how, or why? So on my to-read list for a while now. ;)

Yes, so true. Lost just seemed to go on and on, we stopped watching it.

I remember a different series called Taken. It didn't drag on for years and in the last episode all running story lines were explained and finished. You know, if it's something like a comedy series which remains funny throughout most episodes, I don't mind. I guess it depends on the genre for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Only a little off-topic. It does have the same actor in both series. *Faints* I wonder who that could be *whistles* I liked LOST but I haven't finished the series yet. I am still on start of Series 4, due to still being in mourning.:giggle2:

as for the book and the series. They are totally diffferent, don't read the book if you are expecting answers to some of the storylines in the book you won't get them.

As for the show. It got axed. There were little rumours that they were going to re-commission the series after an online campaign but I don't think that will happen considering the guy who plays very very hot Simon :smile2:has said that he won't be doing anymore TV shows unless it is as good as LOST. So I doubt it's gonna happen.

Only a little off-topic. It does have the same actor in both series. *Faints* I wonder who that could be *whistles* I liked LOST but I haven't finished the series yet. I am still on start of Series 4, due to still being in mourning.:giggle2:

as for the book and the series. They are totally diffferent, don't read the book if you are expecting answers to some of the storylines in the book you won't get them.

As for the show. It got axed. There were little rumours that they were going to re-commission the series after an online campaign but I don't think that will happen considering the guy who plays very very hot Simon :smile2:has said that he won't be doing anymore TV shows unless it is as good as LOST. So I doubt it's gonna happen.

Too bad they didn't make more episodes. I watched an interview of some cast members on YouTube and from their answers it seems that there never were plans for more than one season, some of them knew that a long time before the series ended.

• 2 months later...