The Archive Pixie

Kell

Every now & then, we get a visitor called the Archive Pixie. She whizzes through all the older, closed & defunct threads on the forum & then whisks them off the her hidden domain known as The Great Archive.

Do not worry, however, as the Archive Pixie is a friendly soul - she does not affect anyone's post count - she only moves the old posts out of view to a place where they can rest together (kind of like an "Old Posts Home").

So, if an old thread you were looking for seems to have diappeared, call on one of the Mod Squad (who are all good friends of forum pixie-folks) & we can tell you where it is. Or, if it's something you really want to talk about & it's not there, you can always start a new thread for a fresh discussion.

• 3 months later...

You may have noticed, the Archive Pixie has been waving her magic wand again and whisking away those old, defunct and out of date threads to a happier place. Fear not, though! Nobody's post count will be affected as the threads are not deleted, only tidied away.

If there's anything in particular you think may have been moved in error, you can still contact me and, if it's deemed necessary, the thread can be reintroduced. Or, a new thread can always be started to promote fresh discussion.

• 1 year later...

The Archive Pixie is currently at work taking old, defunct threads to a better, happier place where they can be with their old friends. Worry not, however, your post count will not be affected!

That's very true - LOL!

Still, the archiving doesn't usually take all that long and she feels very satisfied when it's done and everything looks lovely and neat again. :smile2:

Incideantlly, if anyone does feel that something's been spirited away that should have been left, you can let me know and I'll pass the message on to the Pixie. In some cases, they may be resurected (as they may have perhaps just decided they wanted to visit their old buddies and tagged along for the fun of it without the Pixie noticing!), but in other cases, a new thread might be better...

• 3 months later...

Oooh, an Archive Pixie! Yet another reason I LOVE this forum! Thank you Pixie, whomever you might be, for all your hard work to make the forum so much better to navigate!

Here's a little Thank You to Pixie and the whole Mod Squad! Just to show my appreciation (and I'm sure others as well), for all the hard work you do to provide everyone with such a wonderful forum!

Pinkthankyourose-glitter.gifOh, and a little bubbly for your too!Champagne_Clipart_532.gif

• 1 year later...

The Archive Pixie has been doing a little touch of tidying up again - just trimming a few old threads that were defunct and had served their purposes (such as time-sensitive stuff - you know the "Hapy Mothers' Day" type posts - LOL!). So, with a sprinkle of magic fairy dust, these threads are whiske daway to Old Post Land to play with their friends long gone. :roll:

Thanks Kell & the forum pixie..

And well I'm here can I just say thanks to Michelle, Kell and the Moderators that keep the forum running in top shape; stopping spammers/advertisers, keeping things tidy and just generally keeping the place running. Thank you to you all, you're definitely the best bunch of staff I have ever seen on a forum. :roll:

This thread cracks me up :D

My mother (who is 5'1 and petite) is called The ____ Pixie, according to whatever she happens to be doing. Making tea - she's the Tea Pixie. Wearing lots of purple, she's the Purple Pixie. I think when I catch her tidying the house I'll have to call her The Archive Pixie :blush:

Thanks Kell and Archive Pixie, a tidy forum is a happy forum. :lol:

• 2 years later...

For the Archive Ppixie.......Whoever and whereever you may be. :smile:

I am curious- On another forum, non-book btw, I posted a topic that now has 3005 posts and 143,655 views. What is the most posts to a single topic and how many views does it have on The Book Forum.

We only tend to tidy away threads when they are either defunct (due to them being time specific, e.g. What's up in November? etc), or when they've been dormant for an awfully long time. If a thread is uber-long, we'll start a new one at a convenient time (eg the new year) and close the old one. This is what tends to happen eventually with the old game threads. Other times it's a case of merging existing threads with almost identical topics. There's no official "set limit" for thread length though.