which books will be on your wishlist this year?

Well, I put together a short wishlist which I emailed to my brother, so I copied it to show what's on MY wishlist this christmas;

The Island of Dr. Moreau - H.G. Wells

The Golden Compass- Philip Pullman

Endymion - Dan Simmons

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden

The Physick Book Of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe

Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens

Imajica - Clive Barker

The Stand - Stephen King

The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis

The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett

Pride And Prejudice - Jane Austen

Sense And Sensibility - Jane Austen

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Divine Misdemeanors - Laurell K. Hamilton

The Rise of Endymion - Dan Simmons

Lost Souls - Poppy Z. Brite

The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett

Time's Eye - Stephen Baxter, Arthur Charles Clarke

Fanny Hill - John Cleland

The Renegades of Pern - Anne McCaffrey

The Painted Man - Peter V. Brett

Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder

Deerskin - Robin McKinley

The Hollow Kingdom - Clare B. Dunkle

The Descent - Jeff Long

Drawing Blood - Poppy Z. Brite

The Talisman - Stephen King, Peter Straub

:D

I gave my mum a list of 3 books so she could at least find one of them in waterstones but ends up two of my other relatives have nabbed two of the books for ideas so I expect all three now. Thats if they can find them as no one buys from online stores that I know of.

They are:

The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

Galapagos - Kurt Vonnegut

Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman - Haruki Murakami

I asked for dvds also but either way, s'all good.

Edited by chrysalis_stage

There are three threads that might offer you some inspiration for your Christmas wislist,

The Book Award thread where some members have listed their favourites (and least favourites) of 2010.

The One Book thread, where members have posted the one book they would give/recommend if they coud only choose one.

Finally there is the One Year Left thread that asks what books you would read if you had one year left to live.

I hope they help. I have had a terrible reading year this year, with my reading mojo being absent for most of it, so I can only properly recommend a few books; Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments books ~ 'City Of Bones', 'City Of Ashes' and 'City Of Glass' a great Young Adult supernatural story. Simon Fitzek's 'Therapy' is probably my wow book of the year ~ I loved it's brilliant and taut plot and the ending was stunning.

I have already chosen mine which Coran will give me for Christmas (I shall have to pretend I haven't seen them though, alerady being halfway through one of them !

They are:

The Passage: Justin Cronin (I can hardly put this one down)

Norwegian Wood: Haruki Murakami

The Devils Star: Jo Nesbo (thought I would start with his first one)

:giggle2: Talisman. I assume Coran knows you're already reading one of your pressies?

I have only requested one specific book for Christmas, and that's third book in Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy. My actual wishlist is a mile long, but it's easier to buy those books for myself online.

Just four:

The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte

Look at the Harlequins and The Luzhin Defense by Vladimir Nabokov

Summer Morning, Summer Night by Ray Bradbury

I have so many unread books at home, that I don't need any more added to my wish-list. :blush:

None, I've only asked for DVDs!

Heretic! ;)next to those books there's one lonely DVD on the list, Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince.. have all the other ones already, and next year the deathly Hallows pt1 dvd will be on my list. ;)

But I like having many books on the list so that the ones that give those books to me will have something to choose from. Plus then it will be a surprise for me no matter which book I'll get. :)

I've only asked for one book this year, and that's Stephen Fry's new one, The Fry Chronicles. Normally I'd have a list planned, but I haven't read much this year at all, and I'm far too busy with exam preparation at the moment. Besides, I don't really want anything for Christmas this year, aside from world peace, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. In all fairness I have a substantial amount of books on my shelves that I haven't yet read, which I'd love too, so I'm fine for the moment.

I have a substantial amount of books on my shelves that I haven't yet read, which I'd love too, so I'm fine for the moment.

Same here Ben. I have about fifteen books on my TBR pile. I still have a wishlist though, it's to tempting not to make one!

Number9dream - David Mitchell

Ghostwritten - David Mitchell

The Quarry - Damon Galgut

Journey to the end of the night - Ferdinand Celine

The Dark Tower series - Stephen King

The Green Mile - Stephen King

The Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield

Catcher in the Rye - J.D Salinger

The Wasp Factory - Ian Banks

That's all I have so far, I'm still building :D

Same here Ben. I have about fifteen books on my TBR pile. I still have a wishlist though, it's to tempting not to make one!

I spot some fantastic titles on that wishlist; good choices. I really did enjoy Catcher in the Rye, and of course you can't often go wrong with Stephen King. Also heard good things from Banks' The Wasp Factory; a friend at school has chosen it as one of her coursework titles and offered to lend me it as I thought it looked intriguing. In any case, enjoy your choices when you get around to receiving them. :grinhat:

Edited by Ben