Teen drama books such as Skins TV Series

I'd watched Skins first season and I got astonished. I perhaps underrated the first episodes but after watching the entire season I felt that something strong touched me.

Thus, I'm looking for teenage drama books, but not a simple diary of day-to-day life and happenings only usual to the adolescence phase, such as acne, first time sexual intercourse, and so on, that's not what I'm looking for at all, I've already read books like that.

I want something more dramatic, like a younger Kafka protagonist coping with, for instance, parents' death, tragic relationships, "rough narrative" and the like.

Thanks.

After you after contemporary fiction or do you mind older books? SE Hinton's The Outsiders is excellent, and deals with gangs. It has been around for a while, but I'd still highly recommend it.

Edited by Kylie

After you after contemporary fiction or do you mind older books? SE Hinton's The Outsiders is excellent, and deals with gangs. It has been around for a while, but I'd still highly recommend it.

Thanks, Kylie. I'd read the synopses and I found it great. I'm going to get it.