Greetings from Brazil

Paulo

My name is Paulo and I'm a twenty-two-year-old guy from Brazil.

I've been reading some threads for some days and I realised it was time for me to sign up. I'm impressed by how mate you all are. I hope I can stay, make friends, immerse myself into the cultural differences, learn about a sort of different point of views, improve my english reading and my cultural background by being open-minded to new books, stories, histories and knowledge. You all have a lot to share with and If I may be useful in return for all of those ones I'll be thankful.

Welcome Paulo! That was a lovely introduction. :) Do you have a favourite book or author?

It's hard to say, but in the portuguese/brazilian literature I like Eça de Queirós and Guimarães Rosa. In the german literature I go for Kafka; Spanish, Miguel de Cervantes. British, Agatha Christie(my english knowledge haven't yet allowed me to enjoy neither Shakespeare nor Thomas More, since I don't want to read translation editions of these authors in particular). American literature I enjoy Stephen King and Tess Gerritsen, I think they are good but not that great.

I do want to read Dostoyevsky, but I need to fit it in since I'm too busy at the moment. Unfortunately I could be called Illiterate in the french literaturem, but I swear I'll turn it out.

• 5 weeks later...

It's hard to say, but in the portuguese/brazilian literature I like Eça de Queirós and Guimarães Rosa. In the german literature I go for Kafka; Spanish, Miguel de Cervantes. British, Agatha Christie(my english knowledge haven't yet allowed me to enjoy neither Shakespeare nor Thomas More, since I don't want to read translation editions of these authors in particular). American literature I enjoy Stephen King and Tess Gerritsen, I think they are good but not that great.

I do want to read Dostoyevsky, but I need to fit it in since I'm too busy at the moment. Unfortunately I could be called Illiterate in the french literaturem, but I swear I'll turn it out.

I like most of the writers you mentioned! My favourite is Eça... well, I am portuguese and that may explain a lot! :) Wellcome. I'm sure you will enjoy this forum!

• 2 weeks later...