Cricket

Kylie

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm focused solely on the next series now.

Why would you want to focus on an upcoming defeat when you can dwell on the resounding one you've just had? :unsure:

Twenty20 isn't real cricket

Neither's the 50 over version either, these days, what with this power play nonsense and all.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

• 2 months later...

1-0 to Kylie.

cool.gif Thanks Roland!

Unless it's against the Aussies, of course, then it's normal :P:D

Don't you mean abnormal? :D I can go and pull out all the stats of England vs Australia if you'd like. mocking.gif

Don't you mean abnormal? :D I can go and pull out all the stats of England vs Australia if you'd like. mocking.gif

:lol:

"Sixty-six series have been played, with Australia winning 31 and England 30. The remaining five series were drawn"

We're doing better than I thought :lol:

^ You're only as good as your last Ashes result! :wink:

rolleyes.gif

"Sixty-six series have been played, with Australia winning 31 and England 30. The remaining five series were drawn"

You're doing better than I thought too. Crikey, that nearly blew up in my face big-time. huh.gif

Edited by Kylie

It goes to show what dire straits cricket is in when a team like England can make the top 3. :P

And anyway, you may as well be 5th as 3rd. What good is 3rd? Come back and gloat when you're number 1 (I won't hold my breath).

(This just never gets old, does it? :giggle: )

^ For the second series running.

I would have put that in small writing too, given that two series in a row is hardly a huge achievement. :P How many series in a row before that did Australia win? (Eight, in case you were wondering!)

I hope not - I'm having great fun! (Although as an England fan, you always suspect it won't last :giggle2: )

Hehe. That's why I let you all get away with so much now. I know it's so rare for you to be able to stick to us Aussies so I'm letting you have your little moment in the sun while you can. Generous, aren't I? :lol:

How many series in a row before that did Australia win? (Eight, in case you were wondering!)

Actually it's just the one, you need to go back a few more years for the eight wins on the bounce, and we've done that to you as well and did it first so Ner!

But since then England haven't been able to win/retain the Ashes more than 3 times in a row, whereas Australia have won/retained the Ashes 6 times in a row (on 2 occasions!) and 4 times in a row on another occasion. So ner to you, sir! :harhar:

By the way, have I mentioned (and I think I have) that the security around the urn is woefully inadequate? England clearly doesn't value it enoguh. I plonked a bear on top of the box containing the urn and took a photo and there was not a soul around to witness it. Who knows what that bear could have been up to? I need to post that pic...

I believe Paradise is the word you're looking for, Roland, m'dear. :wink: Have you ever been to Port Arthur, Roland? Amazing place. It's so beautifully scenic that it's hard to believe all the atrocities that have happened there over the years. Very eerie.

Knowing what little I do about convicts and the way they were treated, I would argue that the 'honest' men who came over with them were far more crooked than the poor buggers who stole a bit of bread to feed their families and were transported to the other side of the world for it. :(

I work in what is probably Australia's first street. From my desk I look straight out the window at Parliament House and the hospital that convicts were sent to when they were battered by the honest men at Hyde Park Barracks (just out of my line of sight). Our 200+ year old buildings probably don't sound very impressive when you have such ancient buildings and history in your own country, but it impresses me. :blush:

Thus concludes today's history lesson.

Getting off the subject of Australia and England which I am very verble about normally, but did everyone watch the match last weekend against England and Sri Lanka, wow what a match I did not expect that result I was jumping up and down, it was that good