Cricket

Kylie

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been at work all day and just got home to see that the match had finished.  I've only seen the score, so don't know if it was a bad England performance, a great one from the Aussies, or a combination of both.  Not sure if I'll see any "highlights" but 1-1 in the series now … it's going to be an interesting summer! :D

Well, I guess the phase "England Collapse" was inevitably going to feature at some point this summer . . .

Though I didn't expect it to happen twice in the same game . . .

Dreadful stuff, I'm not sure I can see them recovering from this.

That was a thoroughly entertaining test match from an English point of view. The Aussies will come back better though, the Lords test should be a ripper.

Looks like I was correct about the Aussie bounce back :angry: I was away on holiday so I didn't see any of it and by the sounds of it I was lucky :D

TBH, I didn't watch or listen to much of it either.  And only partly because England got ripped a new one.  

I just don't like that kind of one-sided cricket.  I like it to be a battle between the batsman and the bowler.  Test cricket is at its best when it's a fight to the finish.

I was away on holiday so I didn't see any of it and by the sounds of it I was lucky :D

I was listening on TMS, it was pretty torrid (long periods of boredom when the Aussies were scoring and the bowlers weren't making much headway followed by English wickets dropping like nine-pins).

It was frustrating because England are a lot better than they played, they just didn't seem to have any confidence.

I think the thing is that with a few notable exceptions they didn't play that well in Cardiff; they were almost 40-4 and if it weren't for Root and Balance we would have been in the mire there as well.

I think the situation would have been different if we had won the toss at Lords and had we still lost, I don't think it would have been the pummelling we ended up getting.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the day off to go for a walk, because of the nice weather.

That didn't happen because I spent most of the day listening to TMS . . .

Was it worth it? I'll tell you if we win one of the final two! (Good result for England, though, either way.  Especially after Lords).

I bet it was awful for those people who had booked to go and see the cricket on the Saturday and sunday. 

Hoping for great things for the start of the 4th test this week.  Can England do the same again please as I am going away on Monday. If they are still playing I will have to watch the scoring on my phone.

I bet it was awful for those people who had booked to go and see the cricket on the Saturday and sunday. 

Saturday was fancy dress day as well, I'm betting there were a lot of costumes returned unused.

Edited by Raven

Watched Graeme Swann's Ashes Roadshow via the red button last night.  Guests Jeff Thomson, Ian Healy and Allan Lamb.  Great fun.  I particularly liked Swann's tale about receiving his first England cap from Ian Botham :lol: