Cricket

Kylie

Australia 245 all out; some good bowling from England there, but you did make it easy for us, I have to say. Got to admit, I'm really enjoying watching The Ashes this time around; for some reason the time difference has deterred me, it's just made me more nocturnal.

Edited by Ben

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall a stunning first day for England. We bowled really well, especially James Anderson. It really was a dream start when we had them 2-3. A bit of a shame that Hussey and Haddin were there to save them again to a degree but England are still in a very strong postion!

317-2 at the end of the second day - another brilliant day in Adelaide for the England boys. I'm really missing not being able to listen to TMS though, one of the best things about being an English cricket fan. Still, it's fantastic to get up in the morning and have that anticipation of "did we do well?" or "what if it went badly?" and then gingerly turn on the TV or open the laptop and find out the score! :giggle2:

Thanks Roland. He cops a lot of flak from everyone in Australia and I often feel sorry for him.

Yes, another great day for England. A bit boring for those of us watching on the lounge (I'd say that even if the roles were reversed; as much as I love cricket, it does get a little boring when they're just plodding along and no wickets are being taken).

I shouldn't write Australia off so soon, but it's hard to think this can be anything other than a win to England, or a draw if we're lucky.

I really don't like that man*, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than when he's out for a duck.

*There are very few people I will say that about!

:lol:

I suppose we should view it that - when he's having a moan - it means the Aussies aren't having things their way. He's a great player, I just wish he'd shut up and get on with it. A bit like KP ...

Sorry Kylie!

Must admit, when Strauss gave his wicket away in the first over of the day I thought 'here we go', but after Hussey put Trott down you kind of got the feeling it was going to be our day.

Looking very similar to the first test at the moment - only in reverse.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Got a lot of love for Alistar Cook at the moment, that man's batting has been top notch. Delighted with our first innings of 317-2, and I have to say we're definitely looking good at the moment. Of course, I'm not making any predictions or saying anything yet because there's a lot of cricket to be played; we all saw what happened in the first test as well. Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out, though.

Edited by Ben

Surely they won't bat too much longer? If they want to win they'll need to declare soon. At the rate Australia is going they should feel confident in bowling us out quickly again. We can only hope for rain now (and I believe there is a bit of rain expected on the last two days).

Must say, I was a very happy chappy last night - well, the early hours of this morning; it was a great job by our boys. :yahoo:

Edited by Ben

Like Ponting or not, if he doesn't turn this around he's gonna walk.

I think this will be Ponting's last Ashes. I reckon he's just about had enough.

They are as good an England team as I have ever seen.

But that's not saying much is it? :giggle2:

(Sorry, I promised myself I'd behave, but that was just too easy!)

:P

We have an excuse (or so I like to think) in that we have a changing of the guard at the moment, having lost the brilliant, seemingly unbeatable team of yesteryear that contained the likes of Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer, Symonds, Warnie, McGrath, Lee.

It's going to take us a few years to get back on our feet and find some decent replacements, I fear. I don't know why everyone in Australia is so surprised and disgusted in our performance. I, for one, saw this coming a long time ago. *smug*