Cricket

Kylie

Woohoo! Another Ashes series has started. :biggrin:

I have to admit that I haven't been very confident that Australia can win the series. I guess I still miss our old players such as Gilchrist, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Lee etc. I don't know much about a lot of these newer players so I don't have as much confidence in them. But we got off to a terrific start yesterday so I'm feeling a bit better about things.

The second day is about to start. :smile:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! Another Ashes series has started. :D

I have to admit that I haven't been very confident that Australia can win the series. I guess I still miss our old players such as Gilchrist, Hayden, Warne, McGrath, Lee etc. I don't know much about a lot of these newer players so I don't have as much confidence in them. But we got off to a terrific start yesterday so I'm feeling a bit better about things.

The second day is about to start. :)

One day does not a Test Match (or Ashes series) make!

Can't get too excited about this one, Kylie. Whoever wins, they'll have beaten a bunch of distinctly average opponents. But for what it's worth, I think we've probably written the Aussies off a little too early. No Warne, who's the best spinner I've ever seen, and no McGrath, who's not far off the best fast bowler I've ever seen, but still plenty of Aussie spirit.

Edited by Roland Butter

Kylie you need to give me the details of Thursday's game!! I still haven't had a chance to check out the Finnish TV and if they have the matches on the sports channel. Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi!!

Well, it's like this...Australia is in an excellent position. England went almost the whole third day without getting a single wicket. Hussey and Haddin managed a partnership of 300 runs, which is huge. Go Australia!

Stop acting like a drongo, Frankie! Flamin' galah .....

Heehee. You should be proud of me for converting Frankie to cricket. :)

Oh no! Hussey just got out for 195! :( I wish he had made it to 200. I was so proud when he got to 100 because of all the flak he has been copping lately. I've always loved him and stood by him. Go Hussey!

Clarke was a bit disappointing with the bat. Hopefully he'll be better in the next innings.

England are back in to bat now. I need to check the latest score because we missed the last hour due to the news. irked.gif ... OK, England are 0/19. There are two days to go. :)

Yep, great performance by England and a very frustrating day for Australia. Quite a few dropped catches too! :( I think you're right, Raven, I don't see how this can end in any other way than a draw.

<sigh> After four blissful days of watching cricket at home, I have to miss the last day of the test to be at work. :(

A good save? Was England ever in a position where you thought they would lose? Yesterday was a pretty poor day for Australia. 1 wicket in 500+ runs? Pretty bad. I know it was a batting pitch, but really...

The first few days showed some pretty cricket (entertainment-wise) but it kind of fell apart for the last couple of days. Here's hoping the Adelaide test will pick up again and provide some good cricket (and a result of some kind!)

If Australia had rolled them over on day four then yes, England could easily have lost!

Yep, I think we've seen them collapse a few too many times to think otherwise :rolleyes::lol:

Shame no Aussies turned up to see it :lol:

Yep, it's a shame crowds are declining. I think the third day was a sell-out though. I think there was a one-dayer recently between England and Australia XI (or whatever) and when the ball was hit for 6 the players had to go looking for it themselves because there was no-one within cooee to throw it back. :(

Watched the vast majority of The Ashes so far - despite most day's starting at midnight our time, and me needing to be up for college the next day. I lost heart after Australia's first innings lead, and admittedly I thought they'd bowl us out for a win. However, must admit that our boys did us proud saving the draw and batting fantastically, especailly Alistar Cook of course, and all the late nights - early mornings - were more than worth it in the end. Can't wait to see how this is going to go.

Woohoo! The next test starts in less than an hour. I'm planning on watching the cricket all weekend, of course. :) Australia have given Mitchell Johnson the boot in favour of Doug Bollinger. I quite like Bollinger; he's a character and will add a bit of fun and excitement to the game.