Deathly Hallows - re-read

kitch

Is anyone else re-reading the deathly hallows prior to its release at the cinema?

I have just finished some exams and as a result have read half a dozen books in the last 4 week. Which have included the inheritance cycle which was extremely enjoyable.

Anyway, I am re-reading the deathly hallows as I have booked tickets to see the film tomorrow.... its easy to forget just how enjoyable the harry potter books are when u havent read them in a year or so!

I have read the harry prooter books many times over and over, what books do you like to read again and again?

kitch

I've never actually re-read anything other than The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series. I laughed so hard at those book I had to read them all in succession as soon as I'd finished them.

Edited by Amesy

No, I did intend to listen to Stephen Fry reading it to me again but I've run out of time, it's probably best actually because I'm more picky about what they leave out/put in when the books are fresh in my mind.

Hope you enjoy the film :) I missed the boat to see it today my local cinema is entirely sold out ... will have to wait until the weekend.

The book I do always try and re-read every year is Dickens A Christmas Carol but it depends on what sort of Christmas pressure I'm under. I'm not exactly ahead of the game as it stands.

Edited by poppyshake

I've never read the Harry Potter books before.

I know, I know...I'm reading them now though. So it's not a re-read for me, but a first read. I'm hoping to have it finished before I see the film next week. I'm sure I'll be done!

I saw harry potter and the deathly hallows yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed second.

The nice thing about the films is that they try and stay true to the books... even if there is much they have to omit explicitly from the film.. there is some much included, especially in the scenery, that is there for the reader to recognise but that those how have not read the books would completely miss but be no worse off for it.

Finish the book this evening... its intricacy always amazes me

Kitch

Have to be honest - can't face reading the book again. I read it the first day it came out but it was far too long and had way too much camping, and I've listened to Stephen Fry read it to me once, which was a more enjoyable experience, but it's not one of my favourites of the series, so I'll just go and watch the film without a re-read.