ian

You have only one book!

I think mine would have to be Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Although it's not a classic, I think it's a really interesting story that's entertaining, bit sad at time, thought provoking and well written.

Too easy Ian - Life Of Pi by Yann Martel. Its got something for everyone in it. There's the simple survival tale at its heart, fascinating animal psychology, an endless supply of brilliant anecdotes, and even an abundance of religious stuff for those that like that kind of thing. Plus its a crazy premise to boot.

Guest Nyobe

Very, very difficult choice. The book that strongly comes to mind at this moment is A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.

There are several for me to choose from among my favorites, but I'd have to pick To Kill A Mockingbird to give to everyone. Wonderful book, plus a perfect length. Not too long or too short. Also, I wouldn't want copies of Gone With The Wind hurled back at my face! :lol:

I would probably choose the Gormenghast trilogy - mine is all in one volume, so surely this counts! It's lengthy enough to last me a while, plus Peake's near-obsessive approach to describing even the smallest of details is hugely absorbing. I love his descriptions of Swelter and the Great Kitchen.

I am so happy everyone here seems to like 'To Kill a Mockingbird' - Its my favourite book EVER.

However,

The book I would make everyone read is - A Clockwork Orange. I think its fabulous.