The Walking Dead

Weave

I really enjoyed the first episode, except the Fx channel went a bit odd (the screen went blank came back on) and we missed some of the story! :)

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: it turns out it was our v~plus box,that's why our screen went blank. I watched the repeat last night and I enjoyed it, I know the general story is similar to other stories but there is characters you could actually care about :)

Edited by Weave

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back a few pages but I didn't see a thread.

Is anyone watching this?

I'm glued. I sit there all curled up with tension, hiding behind a cushion, from the minute it starts to the closing credits. The tension never lets up. All that horror, taking place in usually bright sunshine. And sometimes you can see the zombies over acting. But if you've got a strong stomach, give it a whirl. Whirl til you hurl. :giggle2:

Yeah, I'm watching. It's pretty good. For my money, there aren't quite enough scares in it. I was losing interest towards the end of season 1 but the season 2 opener was much better. :)

I agree not enough real scary moments, but enjoyable enough, although why is there a British actor in the lead role ?

I agree not enough real scary moments, but enjoyable enough, although why is there a British actor in the lead role ?

I reckon he clenched his jaw the most in the auditions. I'm amazed he hasn't broken his teeth yet.

• 1 month later...

Someone's lent me the 1st series boxset. Watched the first episode last night.

It's good. Can't believe how gruesome it is for a tv series.

From the makers of shawshank redemption.

Its on the second series now on FX.

Firstly ~ February! seriously February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :irked:

Oh I frickin knew that Shane would finally lose his complete collection of marbles when he heard that Lori was pregnant!, poor Sophia, I had said to my husband that I thought that maybe Herschell was hiding her because he saw Rick's group as barbaric because of what they did and he probably thought she was better off without them, so technically he was hiding her but as a secret barn zombie!!!

Andrea is still bugging me! Yeah we are so glad you are confident but gun happy!, not so cool :rolleyes:

Firstly ~ February! seriously February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :irked:

Oh I frickin knew that Shane would finally lose his complete collection of marbles when he heard that Lori was pregnant!, poor Sophia, I had said to my husband that I thought that maybe Herschell was hiding her because he saw Rick's group as barbaric because of what they did and he probably thought she was better off without them, so technically he was hiding her but as a secret barn zombie!!!

Andrea is still bugging me! Yeah we are so glad you are confident but gun happy!, not so cool :rolleyes:

Yeah, Andrea bugs the hell out of me, too. Actually, most of the characters do! The only ones I find interesting are Shane and Daryl, the come across as outcasts from a soap opera :rolleyes::giggle2:

A friend told me that, if it had been in the graphic novel, they would've discovered zombie-Sophia a lot sooner. I think I might have preferred that - this whole scenario at the farm seems to have dragged on forever. Still, that last scene was very effective.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Yeah, Andrea bugs the hell out of me, too. Actually, most of the characters do! The only ones I find interesting are Shane and Daryl, the come across as outcasts from a soap opera :rolleyes::giggle2:

A friend told me that, if it had been in the graphic novel, they would've discovered zombie-Sophia a lot sooner. I think I might have preferred that - this whole scenario at the farm seems to have dragged on forever. Still, that last scene was very effective.

I agree Karsa, I felt the story went on too long, I think at one point I actually forgot about Sophia (I have heard the graphic novel are more in depth, I would like to read them at some point) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG you will not believe what is going to happen in episode 12 guys (which I believe is this week)

BIG TWIST !!!!!!!!! and another death OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! It's going to be a good one.

I love this programme!!!! :D

Totally agree :smile:

looks like they might have to as of next week ;-) loads of zombies

like the first series next week. can't wait but last episode. roll on season 3.

told u it was going to be big!!! there is NO eye candy now!!!

sorry I did try to do the spoiler tag but since the site has changed I haven't been able to work it out. I followed the instructions but no luck. I managed it in the past so not sure what went wrong.

its been aired now so keep up he he ;-)

x

its been aired now so keep up he he ;-)

:lol:

Yeah, I know, I know - I have to record the Sunday night repeat as it clashes with other stuff on Fridays, so I won't see it until tonight at the earliest, probably later in the week.

It should just be

to start the tags :smile: