The Walking Dead

Weave

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of gore, I was changing channels aimlessly the other night and came across a station that was airing at least four episodes in a row from the first season. I settled down to watch it and was surprised to notice some differences in how the zombies appeared in that first season. I had forgotten some things.

For instance, they were much faster on their feet in the first season. They were actually running after the humans (and at almost the same speed), whereas nowadays they just drag their feet. I suppose the creators realised that running zombies would be more troublesome for the plot (my partner said maybe they're just getting weaker over time, but I think that's unlikely because it would imply that they might 'die' eventually).

There was also a zombie that climbed a high fence in pursuit of a human, although they're definitely not smart enough to do that now!

Getting back to the gore, the earlier episodes seemed to be a lot gorier. There is still a lot of violence and some gore now, but there seemed to be more closeups in the earlier episodes and more time spent showing the gore (in detail).

And back to the latest episode, what does everyone think about the fire/smoke? I was surprised that Carol and Tyreese didn't go to investigate because it didn't seem to be that far away from them (despite what they said).

I'm enjoying seeing the different characters separate from the group, you see the strengths/weakness, great viewing! But I really want to see what happens when they get together at terminus! :)

Fyi...my spoiler doesn't reveal anything that up to date people don't already know   :smile:

I think they are all in the general same area and going in the same direction...I feel like if they just start screaming each others names someone will reply! Any theories on the ending of last episode? I have a big one...but I won't post it here yet, just in case you haven't seen it or don't want anything ruined!

Edited by Sofia

I also thought it was very strange that she was the only person outdoors during the daytime, especially when it seems to be a big setup (lots of flowers etc to tend). Where was everyone else? She didn't seem at all surprised to see them, so presumably anyone else who was there also knew that they were approaching. And why were they so trusting to walk straight in there without being suspicious?! They should know by now (especially after their time with the governor) that situations and people that seem good are often not what they seem! I'm so disappointed in their carelessness! If I was with them, I would have encouraged hanging back for a few days to 'case the joint' rather than walking straight into a potential trap.

Exactly! But I think they are so desperate for something...anything really. There must be one hell of a set up in that building though...there's no way that woman alone did all of that...and don't forget the "Terminus broadcast" they heard in the car. I fear we wont get many answers either on the finale....and will suffer through until October!! I just hope Rick, Carl & Judith will reunite!!

So who is your next guess to bite the dust? From major characters I mean...not so much the ones they bring on so they can kill in a couple weeks.

Btw, in all of Maggie & Glenn's big reunion, didn't it occur to her to at least ask if anyone seen/knew anything about Beth?? So much for sisters! Sheesh!

I thought it had both good and bad points.

I was disappointed that only part of the gang was reunited. I thought for sure they would all be reunited at the terminus in the last ep! It felt more like a mid-season finale to me. But maybe it was just as well that the others haven't made it to the Terminus (yet)! I reckon they've walked into a den of cannibals. Those snipers purposely shot to miss and I noted a large pile of blood and bones when our Rick and co. were trying to run away.

I may have had a lump in my throat when Rick called Daryl his brother. :blush2: The whole scene preceding that was quite disturbing though. Both in terms of what Rick did to escape that guy's clutches, and in terms of the violence to Carl.

I can't wait for the next season! :)

• 11 months later...

Who else is still watching this?

I absolutely love this show, but the gore gets to me occasionally. I think the most recent episode (S05E14, just aired in the US) is possibly the most gory to date. I actually felt a little ill watching it and had to hide behind my cat.  :unsure:

Still a great episode though!

Two horrible, graphic deaths. :( Carol is just hilarious in her new role, and when she's with the kid. Eugene the cowardly lion finally found his courage. And tut tut, Father Gabriel!