The Walking Dead

Weave

Hi Everyone,

How are you all doing?

As most of you know I am a big fan of the zombie genre, so I am looking forward to 'The Walking Dead' which starts this Friday (5th November 2010) on Fx channel at 10.00 pm (it started in the USA on the 31st October 2010), will you be watching? The series is created by Frank Darabont (who wrote the screenplays for 'The Shawshank Redemption', The Green Mile' and 'The Mist' amongst other things) and stars Andrew Lincoln ('This Life','Love Actually' and 'Afterlife') as the main character, Rick Grimes.

The show is based on the comic book series by Robert Kirkman and until issue 7 Tony Moore and then onwards Charlie Adlard (thank you Wikipedia), there was 78 issues made.

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the United States in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.

Happy viewing everyone :)

TheWalkingDead.jpg

Edited by Weave

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having already seen the first ep, I can definitely recommend it to horror fans, it was a great start to what looks like will be a fab series :D Very gory though!

Thanks Lexie! Good times! :friends3:

Edited by Weave

I am so jealous I don't get any of these channels I have seen clips and it looks great though

That's a shame pickle, maybe you could watch it online :)

I've seen a few trailers & I think it looks really good so I'll be watching, after all I need something to replace Dexter for my friday nights :(

:friends3:

I watched the first episode last night and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Good stuff Karsa, the first episode is being shown without adverts tomorrow! (hurrah!) :)

Good stuff Karsa, the first episode is being shown without adverts tomorrow! (hurrah!) :)

Yes, I may have to re-watch it! I may have been imagining it, but I could've sworn the FXUK trailer said it's going to be the 'director's cut', which makes me wonder if it'll be different from the version I watched.

Anyway, I'd say it's a 'must'. I'm not really into zombie stories, but this one grabbed me from the first scene. It's quite slow paced but the good news is that it's character driven, rather than going for cheap shocks.

I was going to post a link to the trailer, but it seems to be intent on showing most of the first episode so I shan't. Even though you probably know what to expect, I reckon it's one of those things that's best watched 'fresh' :)

Yes, I may have to re-watch it! I may have been imagining it, but I could've sworn the FXUK trailer said it's going to be the 'director's cut', which makes me wonder if it'll be different from the version I watched.

Anyway, I'd say it's a 'must'. I'm not really into zombie stories, but this one grabbed me from the first scene. It's quite slow paced but the good news is that it's character driven, rather than going for cheap shocks.

I was going to post a link to the trailer, but it seems to be intent on showing most of the first episode so I shan't. Even though you probably know what to expect, I reckon it's one of those things that's best watched 'fresh' :)

Thanks Karsa, I know this is a really stupid question and I apologise but how is Andrew Lincoln's American accent?:)

Thanks Karsa, I know this is a really stupid question and I apologise but how is Andrew Lincoln's American accent?:)

Tbh, although I thought I might have seen him before, I had no idea he was English :doh: - so the accent sounded okay to me! :lol:

Really enjoyed episode one, and it seems to be following the original quite closely. Did seem a little odd to see two English actors talking to each other with American accents. I can understand why Andrew Lincoln changed his name, Andrew Clutterbuck has just not got the right ring about it.

Edited by Vladd

Really enjoyed episode one, and it seems to be following the original quite closely. Did seem a little odd to see two English actors talking to each other with American accents. I can understand why Andrew Lincoln changed his name, Andrew Clutterbuck has just not got the right ring about it.

I thought so too :lol: The other english actor is Lennie James (who I recognise as Sol from 'Snatch') :)

I have watched the premiere of The Walking Dead! You will not be disappointed, Weave. My eyes were glued to the TV! Plus, Andrew Lincoln's southern american accent is very good. I just love him.

Thanks nursenblack for letting me know :) I can't wait to see it and the ever handsome Andrew Lincoln :)

I love the name Clutterbuck! My sister used to be a home help for a little old lady, many many years ago, called Edie Clutterbuck, she was tiny and so adorable!

I saw this advertised last night, I may try to watch it but Zombies scare me to death.

Oh me too Alison! I don't sleep well anyway, but add nightmares to the pot and I'd be like a walking zombie myself! Shame really, as it does look pretty good ... apart from the zombies :hide:

I really enjoyed the first episode, except the Fx channel went a bit odd (the screen went blank came back on) and we missed some of the story! :)

Edited by Weave

Whoa, wait a minute... am I the only one who was disappointed? I've read the first couple of installments of the original graphic novel... it took less time, and I didn't fall asleep twice through them, like I did with this episode. I think that, considering the huge cultural movement that the zombie genre has spawned, they could have done a lot better. It seems to me that after everything, this level of cliche is almost insulting. And okay, I know it's a TV series and not some huge big budget movie, but the CGI blood sprays were comical at best. The characters are cliches, the basic premise is a cliche, even the opening scene has been done so many times it literally made me facepalm. I just don't understand, I guess. Especially being a huge horror fan, this was just one long, sleep-inducing borefest for me.