Vampire Academy

this is a awsome vampire series..I read all 5 and waiting for the 6th to be released in december of this year on the 7th...VERY EXCITED

I'll list them by 1-6..WOOT!

bk1.vampire academy

bk2.frost bite

bk3.shadow kissed

bk4.blood promise

bk5.spirit bound

bk6.the final sacrifce ( released 12/7/10 )

the books are written by Richelle mead..

when I saw the book for the first time at the library I just thought it was going to such as a book

but it proved me wrong...each books fall after the other with a small recap of what happend in the other book

the first book does mention self and had it tells how Lissa does it and why...

very very very very very very good book and characters

Here is the blurb for Vampire Academy:

St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school–it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's–the very place where they're most in danger. Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi–the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires–make Lissa one of them forever.

I read this series a wee while ago and really enjoyed it.

Richelle Mead came up with the idea for the series based on a Russian folktale about two races of Vampire - the "good" Moroi who do not kill those they take blood from and the "evil" Strigoi who delight in killing. The Strigoi's ultimate aim is the wipe out Moroi. Therefore Moroi are forced to employ bodyguards called Dhampir who are halfbreed Moroi and human children.

Into this setting bursts Rose Hathaway, one the of the best female characters in young adult fiction. Rose is a teenage dhampir, learning to be a Guardian. She is so determined to protect her best friend Lissa that she gets into no end of trouble with the school authorities. Rose is such a likeable character - she can kick butt in a fight (including whipping the boys), she's a great friend to Lissa, and yet she still makes so many stuff ups you can't help but laugh at her antics.

After annoying the school principal one too many times, Rose gets subjected to private lessons with the ultra-hot Guardian Dimitri. Seeing as Rose isn't really one to stick to the rules, like not getting a crush on your teacher, you can see where that goes.

I thought these books were the right blend of action, humour and teenage angst. I would give the series 4/5.

I have to mention that Richelle Mead is one of my favourite authors but not really for the Vampire Academy series. I just finished the latest book in her Georgina Kincaid series which starts with Succubus Blues. In my opinion, these books are even better than VA but are not really for young adults as they get a bit naughty :smile2:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Title: Last Sacrifice

Author: Richelle Mead

Publisher:Puffin Books

Rating: 4/5

Synopsis:

In the final installment of the Vampire Academy series, someone is trying to frame Rose for murder, and Lissa and her friends must try to clear Rose's name.

Review:

Rose is one of my favourite characters of recent years. As a dhampir, she is strong and can fight to defend her assigned Moroi and herself against all comers, and as a person, she’s determined, strong-willed and independent, and always tries to do the right thing even if she gets it wrong sometimes.

I have to admit, I’d sort of guessed how Rose and Lissa’s stories would end in this series, but I had a lot of fun reading how they got there, and there were some twists and turns I hadn’t seen coming. I also see where I think some of the other characters will go in the future, and I’m pleased that although Rose won’t be a main character of the next Vampire Academy books, and we’ll follow other people and stories, the author has still said that we will be able to catch up with her in the future as she’ll still be writing about that world.

I think Richelle Mead writes great adventures, develops her characters well and all these books have been fast-paced page turners. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the entire series (despite my initial grumblings about the names which I found difficult to get in my head!), and I’ve also read all her other books as well now. Great fantasy books that are entertaining escapism with strong female characters.

• 2 weeks later...

You should try the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead as well LaurenBeth, but be aware that these are adult books too.

I've been trying to find these books everywhere! Id love to read them aswell, I think Richelle is a really great paranormal writer.

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed this series and all the concepts introduced into today's world within it. Having lived in Montana myself perhaps helped me see how they could have a school set into the middle of nowhere. I am looking forward to the next series involving St Vlads, but I will miss Rose. She truly seemed to come over several things that were not too much to me. The fact that she gets caught (time and time again) and makes mistakes but develops into the professional by the end is a great journey that I was happy to be apart of. I would recommend this to anyone who is willing to be open to what were once the "rules" of the sanguine vampire lifestyle.

• 5 months later...

DITTO. I loved them, and the film should (hopefully) be good. I'm writing a screenplay version, just for fun at the moment, and I'm falling in love with the story all over again. I also can't wait for BloodLines, the spin off... Adrian is going to be a main character and I love me some adrian! haha!

Well of course, I love Dimitri, but him and rose were MFEO, so even in my head I couldn't break them apart hahahaha! he's such a hunk though! Me and my sister always dream of meeting a Dimitri... even though we're both in relationships! hehe!

• 1 month later...

ooh there's someone even better than edward! haha. Yeah, Damon from VD would be a good dimitri, someone buff! :D

OMG better than Mr Edward Cullen himself NOOOOOOOO

RIGHT THAT'S IT ---- ON THE READING LIST IT GOES HAHA :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I may keep a look out for these.

I'm not normally into vampire novels but Twlight has changed my mind. Especially if there is a dishy Edward thrown in haha :giggle2:

nope no sparkling vampires...and no jerk of vampires like edward..either

this series is like 20,000 times better then ghetto twilight...

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have an admission to make. I've been absolutely tearing through these! Downloading them like they're cheap thai take-out on my kindle. What started out as idle time-killing has now become an obsession. The more I read, the more I appreciate the humour. They are absolutely a guilty pleasure for me! Yay VA! Which definitely doesn't fit very well as a name....

• 5 years later...

I loved this series!! It was my first vampire book. Tho they're kinda unusual vampires which was why i enjoyed it so much. Vampires using magic? Awesome. I thought the characters and world were well developed (even giving rise to a spin off series).

It was such a shame the movie was a disappointment. They turned it into a teen high school drama but it's not, Rose and Lissa take on various plots for power, even travelling to Russia! It's not like their fighting the mean girl for their crush. *sigh*

Edited by Athena
Link removed. New members are not allowed to sign up to promote themselves and they are not allowed to post links.