Favorite Halloween Movies and Music

AbielleRose

I've never been a true horror movie person, and can probably count on one hand the films I've seen in the theatre of that genre. I do love all forms of Hitchcock though! I'll watch his stuff every day of the week and twice on Sunday :D.

I'll also watch the Amityville Horror during the day, and this excellent episode of 21 Jump Street which I think was called 'Ring of Fire.' Penhall and Hanson go to a Halloween dance where a school arsenist has struck! :o:lol:

I like moves that are actually scary, not silly scary. I want to actually be frightened.

If you want to be frightened, then Cabin Fever should do the trick. There's no big boogeyman jumping out at the teens, or lame monsters, just the progression of a disease which actually exists, and the characters' reaction to it. Failing that, A Tale Of Two Sisters.

Edited by BigWords

If you want to be frightened, then Cabin Fever should do the trick. There's no big boogeyman jumping out at the teens, or lame monsters, just the progression of a disease which actually exists, and the characters' reaction to it. Failing that, A Tale Of Two Sisters.

A Tale of Two Sisters is high up on my list for this Halloween. :D

I like to go down the traditional Hammer route and watch The Devil Rides Out or for complete shlock The Fog although the music is the best thing about it. Don't really do scary horror living on your own means hearing noises in the middle of the night and checking beneath all the beds and in wardrobes before switching the lights off. :D

This year I bought my daughters a cheap cd I saw in the supermarket called Halloween Hits

Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jnr

Monster Mash - Bobby 'Boris' Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers

Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell

Amityville (The House on The Hill) - Lovebug Starski

A Nightmare On My Street - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Cry Wolf - A-Ha

People Are Strange - Echo & The Bunnymen

Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon

(You're The) Devil in Disguise - Elvis Presley

Ghost Riders In The Sky - Johnny Cash

Feed My Frankenstein - Alice Cooper

Demons - Super Furry Animals

Evil Woman - ELO

Black Magic Woman - Santana

Haunted House - Jumpin' Gene Simmons

The Time Warp - Damian

The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band

(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult.

Some classics and some real horrors there.

Hocus Pocus has been my Halloween movie since I was little. Kinda where my love of Bette Midler started. Nightmare Before Christmas is another. As for scary movies, I just tend to see what's on Halloween night and pick one. You can guarantee something will be on.

I forgot another one of my favorite movies to watch at Halloween: The House on Haunted Hill (the remake...I have to watch the remake since my brother's friend's brother is in it). I just watched it again today. :)

• 4 weeks later...