Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I finally received the book I've been waiting for for over a month! Welcome to your new home HG Wells: The First Men in the Moon.

In other news, I've read a few chapters of each of my books today. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you enjoy Restless, Kidsmum, it's one of my favourite Boyd's of the ones I've read so far. Any Human Heart was the first of his I read but didn't see the recent TV adaptation. I've got a couple of his waiting to be read, and all the rest are on my wishlist!

Thanks I'm about 50 pages in & enjoying it so far:)

I read and enjoyed Restless last year, but the first Boyd that I read was The Blue Afternoon. It is slower than Restless, but well worth it, a great story. I certainly will read more of Boyd.

I have Blue Afternoon on my TBR pile as well so it's good to know you enjoyed it :)

I was down in Camber Sands at the weekend for the SFX Weekender, Managed to get the majority of Peter F. Hamilton's books and get them signed by him. He is such a nice chap and a I really enjoyed his hour of Q&As. I was a little saddened at the mental state of Terry Pratchett. I think it's quite obvious that he won't be writing any more books by himself anymore :(

I finished The Girl with Glass Feet - Ali Shaw this morning its very good like a dark fairytale, not sure what to read next...I might go back to Lee Child or for a challenge China Mieville's Iron City

TGWGF sounds interesting Pickle....I am about 43% into Perdido Street Station...it has taken an amazing turn..