Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the electricity going off for? I hope it wasn't a long stretch. I didn't get any reading done in the train yesterday, I was too nervous to read! I've been to the train to Lappeenranta a hundred times but I guess it was different this time because I had all my luggages with me and it was the first lag of the trip for me. I'm beginning to lose the plot, I had to skim read some parts of the novel last night in bed. Do you already know who the admirer is? Exciting stuff!!!

Aw I'm not surprised you can't concentrate to read! :hug: You'll be all settled in Aus before you know it and you & Kylie will be hunting through all the book fairs! ;)

Oh I do know who the admirer is, and you'll be surprised when you read it :giggle2:

I am totally loving the new and improved Daddy Dexter too! Lily definitely brings out his human side, he's so adorable! Although, I hope he does some killing/protecting/justice too :blush::giggle: )

My electric was of until about half 3 yesterday. Mind you I didn't get much reading done either :irked: I spent all morning on my phone, went to the hospital in the afternoon only to be told I had got the wrong day and it was in fact today the appointment was for! :doh: So I have to back to the hospital again, today. I tell ya, my mind is going a lot sooner than anticipated!

Edited by Charm

I have finished life of Pi.

I thought it was beautifully written and I love thinking about it afterwards but I didn't enjoy reading it. Does that make any sense?

I think it's just not my favourite subject matter so I read as quick as possible to get it over and done with. But then afterwards I can just dwell on the bits I liked in my mind and forget the bits I didn't and the book improves. :D

I love the parts about religion in the beginning. I think because Pi truly loves God in a joyful way. I think I would make an excellent Hindu Muslim Christian - I'll have to look into it :giggle2:

Glad to hear Codex was OK Noll.

Was able to drag myself to my library book club and I'm glad I did. Had a great time in the end and I got this months book read The Best of Men by Claire Letemendia. Looks like a really good Historical novel. Looking forward to reading it.

*Edit* I forgot I also picked up my reservation of The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud.

Edited by catwoman

Just started Goodnight Steve McQueen by Louise Wener. I loved Worldwide Adventures in Love and her autobiography so I've every confidence I'll enjoy this.

Edited by JudyB

It's been a while ... :blush:

Since I've been gone, I've read:

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

The Chosen One by Sam Bourne

Fade Out by Rachel Caine

Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine

I've also read most of Adventures on the High Teas by Stuart Maconie so will probably finish today or tomorrow.

Also had an excursion to Waterstone's and came away with:

Notes from an Exhibition by Patrick Gale

Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

I'll Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter

Cross My Heart & Hope To Spy by Ally Carter

Yesterday I got the first Dexter book and the bookmark/bookplate that I won in a competition thanks to this lovely forum. I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who was involved in the competitions :)

I started Dexter today and I love it already. I'm new to the show (having started watching at the end of season 3) but I can see why the show is such a success. I've only read 50+ pages and I can't put it down!

I started Dexter today and I love it already. I'm new to the show (having started watching at the end of season 3) but I can see why the show is such a success. I've only read 50+ pages and I can't put it down!

:yahoo: Another Dexter fan! So pleased you're enjoying the delectable one Stephanie, I'm in the middle of Dexter is Delicious :D

Mind you, I use the term losely, I haven't done any reading at all today. Not a chapter, not a page, not a single word :irked: Just didn't get the time :shrug:

I finished The Snowman by Jo Nesbo this evening. 5 stars for sure!

Visited the Library Sale this morning, and came away with:

The Age of Chivalry and Legends of Charlemagne by Thomas Bulfinch

The Deep Green Sea by Robert Olen Butler

Old Goriot by Honoré de Balzac

Prayers for Rain, A Drink Before the War, & Darkness, Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane

Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia C. Simpson

The World According to Garp by John Irving

Been away again.

I finished "My Friend the Mercenary" by James Brabazon. A very interesting read providing insight into the murky world of African conflict, mercenaries, arms deals, governments and all that entails. A few bits not for the squeamish.

Now started "The Last Book of Salem".

My competition prize arrived this morning - a signed copy of Waking The Witch by Kelley Armstrong along with a couple of Otherworld bookmarks. I can hardly wait to get started on it, but this weekend is chocka and I possibly won't get a chance till next week - Argh!

I got another hundred pages read of The Executioner by Chris Carter. really getting into it and I am finding it difficult to put it down.

It was the village book sale today and I actually didin't find alot. I did pick up James Rollins - Black Order and Laurell K Hamilton Micah. Both at 50p I also picked up some books for the kids.

About to start 'Lover Avenged' by J.R. Ward :)

I bought from Tesco's and amazon ~

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk

Covet by J. R. Ward

The Strain by Guillermo del Toro

Finished Under The Dome. I thought it was great, and the main complaints I'm hearing (none of which I had heard prior to reading, beyond 'it has a cop-out ending') all failed to manifest in my case. I thought the book had a great premise, made ample suggestions from about halfway towards what the ending may entail, and followed through in a logical and believeable

(sci-fi)

way.

So yeah. Read it in three days and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Next up: The Left Hand Of God by Paul Hoffman - a spur of the moment Tesco-purchase.