Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

Uh oh! Sounds like your TBR pile is going to explode in the weeks/months to come, Abby! That's great. biggrin.gif

No book activity for me today unfortunately, although I'm hoping to get a few pages read of Vlad tonight.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just over 100 pages left in Cutting for Stone Abraham Verghese so I'm starting to think about what I'm going to read next, something light methinks to nurse my ailing mojo back to full strength:unsure:

I'm hoping to get a few pages read of Vlad tonight.

AWESOME book! Hope you like it as much as I did, Kylie. (Although it is a bit grim in places...) friends3.gif

AWESOME book! Hope you like it as much as I did, Kylie. (Although it is a bit grim in places...) friends3.gif

Thanks Mac! I'm getting to some slightly gruesome scenes now, and I know there'll be much worse to come.

Finally finished American Gods and began the daunting task of surmounting The Count of Monte Cristo. :readingtwo:

How did you find American Gods? I've heard it's one of Gaiman's best. The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favourite ever books. It's huge but it will seem to fly by because it's so enjoyable. :)

I finished Undead and unemployed today and will be starting Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay soon.

Oh I hope you like Darkly Dreaming Dexter, I've just started the latest in the series :D

I got 5 free books tonight at work *does a happy dance* We get to keep the advanced copies of the books publishers send out before a book's release because the store can't sell them. They just pile them on a table in the break room and we get to take whatever we want!!

There were a couple others that I have my eye on and if they're still in there tomorrow I'll take them as well. I just about had a coronary when my boss said that any books that aren't taken by the end of the month get thrown away!!!

Wow! :o That is some job perk!! You're gonna need a book room, never mind a bookcase at this rate! Good for you :hug:

I finished The Lovely Bones over the weekend and have started Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay. So far the delicious one is truly back on form! :D

Oh I hope you like Darkly Dreaming Dexter, I've just started the latest in the series :D.....

Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay. So far the delicious one is truly back on form! :D

Glad you're enjoying our old friend! :wink:

I finished The Shadow of the Wind and was going to start on my voyage of discovery with Karin Slaughter but...

I borrowed Blind Fury - Lynda La Plante, from the library so I'm reading that first.

Late last night I finally managed to get some reading in.....about 60[ish] pages of A Murder of Quality by John Le Carré. I'll probably finish it later today, it reads pretty fast, and is interesting. Oddly enough, not a spy story although George Smiley is the protagonist. A good whodunit.

Edited by pontalba

Another trip to Waterstones ...

The Wire: Truth Be Told - the best guide book I've ever seen, for the best tv series I've ever seen :cool:

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

The Interpretation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Alone In Berlin by Hans Fallada

and some bookends :)

and now I need a new house to store everything in :lol:

Glad you're enjoying our old friend! :wink:

I am indeed, he's so adorable! :blush:

Was in town today and just had to pop into the charity shops. I came away with:

City Of Bones ~ Cassandra Clare

City Of Ashes ~ Cassandra Clare

City Of Glass ~ Cassandra Clare

The Scarpetta Factor ~ Patricia Cornwell

... all in really good condition. I also went into Waterstone's armed with my book vouchers and came out with ... nothing!! :o They didn't have any of the books I wanted in stock, naturally. Now I know why I order most of my stuff online :irked:

Edited by Charm

I finished A Murder of Quality by John Le Carré this morning, and when we got home The Snowman by Jo Nesbo had arrived in the mail! Yays!

I'm starting The Looking Glass War by John Le Carré next, the 4th in the Smiley series.

Finished Cutting For Stone Abraham Verghese last night , I thought this was a fantastic read & if I hadn't had so much family stuff going on I would have read it in half the time. I'm now reading Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy.

I hope you like it, I love brookmyre's books and have read them all.

I read a bit more of Company of liars this morning but have put it down and am currently reading Karin Slaughter- Faithless

Hope you like Faithless, even though I found it a great book (I love all of Slaughter's books) I didn't think it was one of her best. Look forward to reading what you think.

I got 5 free books tonight at work *does a happy dance* We get to keep the advanced copies of the books publishers send out before a book's release because the store can't sell them. They just pile them on a table in the break room and we get to take whatever we want!! Tonight I took:

Ghost Country by Patrick Lee

The Breach by Patrick Lee

Traveling With Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor

Shadow Fall by Erin Kellison

Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison

There were a couple others that I have my eye on and if they're still in there tomorrow I'll take them as well. I just about had a coronary when my boss said that any books that aren't taken by the end of the month get thrown away!!!

Tonight I read 2 more chapters in Clockwork Angel and will be reading a few more before bed. :)

I want to work there. remember your best friend in england abs if you need to pass on your books!!! *Wink wink*

I finished The Lovely Bones over the weekend and have started Dexter is Delicious by Jeff Lindsay. So far the delicious one is truly back on form! :D

Thats good to know about Dexter, I have not rushed out to get it as I found the series IMO to be a bit hit or miss.

Was in town today and just had to pop into the charity shops. I came away with:

City Of Bones ~ Cassandra Clare

City Of Ashes ~ Cassandra Clare

City Of Glass ~ Cassandra Clare

The Scarpetta Factor ~ Patricia Cornwell

Thanks. They're in great nick too, look like new. Our local shops are great for that ;)

Great haul I'm lucky the charity shops in my village are awesome and I pick up some great littel finds of books that I Have on my wishlist. I am looking for City of Bones as they don't haveit in my library.

As for me I went to my chairty shop yesterday and I picked up the following books for 50p each:

New Moon - Stephanie Meyer (not in great condition but I want one to keep re-reading and I don't mind if I get damaged.

The Tiger Warrior - David Gibbons ( I have Atlantis on my TBR pile so thought I would grab this.)

2012 the crystal skull - Manda Scott (I thought this was a following of the Crystal skull that I have on my TBR pile. But when I got it home, it is exactly the same book. Why on earth put 2012 on it and totally change the cover! Urgh!!! It's on mint condition so obviously someone thought the same as me and bought it and realised it is a re-release!:motz:

I also got (even though it is not book related) Back to the future trilogy boxset is awesome condition and BRAND NEW!!! and still sealed The Sopranos series three DVD both for £3.95!!

As for my reading activity, I have been ill of late so not done much reading, but I have 70 pages to go of In Silence and hope to finish it by tonight. not sure what my next book will be as I have my library book club on Thursday night and will get a book then, so I have to read sometin kinda quick.

I also got (even though it is not book related) Back to the future trilogy boxset is awesome condition and BRAND NEW!!! and still sealed The Sopranos series three DVD both for £3.95!!

As for my reading activity, I have been ill of late so not done much reading, but I have 70 pages to go of In Silence and hope to finish it by tonight. not sure what my next book will be as I have my library book club on Thursday night and will get a book then, so I have to read sometin kinda quick.

I'm so jealous of your Sopranos find I love, love, love the Sopranos.

Sorry to hear you've not been well unfortunately when your a Mum there's no such thing as time off :hug:

I finished A Murder of Quality by John Le Carré this morning, and when we got home The Snowman by Jo Nesbo had arrived in the mail! Yays!

I'm starting The Looking Glass War by John Le Carré next, the 4th in the Smiley series.

/sigh/ I was going to start The Looking Glass War...but somehow The Snowman jumped into my hands and demanded to be read. Cheeky book! :D