Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

:giggle2: If you read this and never want to read any more Karen Rose books again, I'll stop reading for a month! :P

Yay! *runs and gives catwoman a huge hug* :hug: Welcome back! Big thanks to The Hobbit for bringing you and your mojo back to us! :friends3:

I've finished Nothing To Fear by Karen Rose and went straight on to You Can't Hide by her :D

Awe big hug back.

yep gotta love the hobits. I LOVE HOBBITS!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to see you back, CW!!! :friends3:

My own mojo's not been the best lately, but I did run into Barnes and Noble over the weekend. I ended up only getting a date book, but I'm determined to go back next Tues since that's when Alan Bradley's new book comes out in paperback :D.

:006: Hiya Catwoman, welcome back!

We tried to avoid the book store today, really. Failed. :cool:

The Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin

Three Seconds by Roslund & Hellstrom

The Last Street Novel by Omar Tyree

The Teapot Dome Scandal by Laton McCartney

Ring by Stephen Baxter

Crime Beat by Michael Connelly

5 out of 6 on a deep sale.

In the mail:

Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

Finally finished Everything Is Illuminated.

Aw, already? I haven't started yet!

I'm still working my way through Riddley Walker. I also started Anne's House of Dreams by LM Montgomery, the fifth in the series.

I finished The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King. It was slightly better than the first book of the series.

I am now re-reading my favorite book Little, Big by John Crowley.

I'm in heaven right now. :wink:

Edited by Pixie

Aw, already? I haven't started yet!

Well I borrowed it from the Lappeenranta library as well as a couple of books and I wanted to read as many of them as possible before coming back to Joensuu, because I hate having borrowed books from other towns when I'm in Joensuu.

Started reading Please Kill Me, which so far has been really fascinating!

Finished House of the Wolfings today. It was quite an exciting read. Reminded me a lot of Tolkien and Beowulf.

Concentrating on getting through Lud-in-the-Mist today. Just over 100 pages in. I'm so glad I picked the fantasy module at uni.

I got Mr Rosenblum's List in the mail yesterday, thanks poppyshake! :smile2: I'm currently reading Please Kill Me, but I also thought I'd now try and read Heart of Darkness so I could finally cross that off my lists and get rid of my copy. That would be quite the achievement for me.

I got Mr Rosenblum's List in the mail yesterday, thanks poppyshake! :smile2: I'm currently reading Please Kill Me, but I also thought I'd now try and read Heart of Darkness so I could finally cross that off my lists and get rid of my copy. That would be quite the achievement for me.

I'd love to read your thoughts on Heart of Darkness Frankie. I'm quite interested in reading that one. Let us know what you think. :wink:

Edited by Tristan

Yay for Mr Rosenblum's List. :) Maybe we can read it together one day.

I'm having such trouble reading Riddley Walker. The different language makes it very slow to read. I'm enjoying it OK, but I'll be glad to finish it and move on to something else.

I'd love to read your thoughts on Heart of Darkness Frankie. I'm quite interested in reading that one. Let us know what you think. :wink:

I'll be writing my thoughts on my reading blog when I've finished the book so if you like you can go there and take a look at some point. Mind you, I'm very prejudiced about the book and don't think I'll like it (because of some personal reasons), so if my thoughts on it sound too gloomy, don't take my word for it and just read the book for yourself :giggle:

I'll be writing my thoughts on my reading blog when I've finished the book so if you like you can go there and take a look at some point. Mind you, I'm very prejudiced about the book and don't think I'll like it (because of some personal reasons), so if my thoughts on it sound too gloomy, don't take my word for it and just read the book for yourself :giggle:

Will do. :wink:

Wow, I randomly picked up a book at the library yesterday, Justin Cronin's The Passage.. just picked it up because it looked nice.

Turns out I have it marked on Goodreads as to-read for some time now. Baha.. the cover is different so didn't recognize.

Wow, I randomly picked up a book at the library yesterday, Justin Cronin's The Passage.. just picked it up because it looked nice.

Turns out I have it marked on Goodreads as to-read for some time now. Baha.. the cover is different so didn't recognize.

I hope you enjoy it I finished at the end of last year and thought it was really good :D

Started Don't Tell - Karen Rose only part of the way through and although goo I am reserving judgement as I am sure I have read a storyt very similar to this in the past.

I got all these books for £5 today :D

Notes on a Scandal - Zoe Heller

The Host - Stephanie Mayer

The Shadow Project - Scott Mariani

A Series of Unfortunate Events The Austere Academy - Lemony Snicket

A Series of Unfortunate Events The Vile Village - Lemony Snicket