Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Ella Minnow Pea last night. Loved it, very original.

Now I've kind of broken my rule about not re-reading anything for awhile, and I have started The Stand....again. :giggle: I just can't help it. It's too good a read. I bought the Kindle version, however incredibly irritatingly, the formatting isn't up to scratch. There are no section breaks within the chapters, so it reads as though each chapter is one continuous section about the same characters. Very irritating. I will try to contact Amazon/the publishers about it :irked:

Ahh I adore adore adore The Stand. One of my fav books. I have yet to read it in its original english so I imagine it's only better that way. I love the film too, but nothing can be as good as the book. I love post-apocalyptic stories, and virology ones especially (it's quite believable too, the bit about a human made virus one day excaping and wreaking havoc, exterminating our planet mostly).. and this is one of the best one's I've read.

Bought the first Harry Potter yesterday. Always stayed away from the series, for some reason telling myself I wouldn't like it. Over half way through already and loving it. Makes a change from the amount of Dan Brown books I've been reading lately!

Jasper Fforde's 'Shades Of Grey', Eoin Colfer's 'And Another Thing...', and Han Nolan's 'If I Should Die Before I Wake' arrived while I was out today!

I have no idea how they came to be bought............................*walks away whistling tunelessly* :D

This morning I started Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. So far so good!

Yesterday I did a little book shopping and brought home:

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann

Eleanor Roosevelt: Volume One: 1884-1933 by Blanche Wiesen Cook

The Knitter's Year: 52 Make-in-a-Week Projects-Quick Gifts and Seasonal Knits by Debbie Bliss

Edited by bookworm44

I started reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Steig Larsson

I've had it waiting for weeks but because of all the hype I didn't expect to like it :blush: however I'm over 100 pages in and thoroughly enjoying it! :readingtwo:

Finished Suzanne Collin's 'The Hunger Games ~ Catching Fire', the second in the trilogy.

I cannot allow myself to even get the third book from the shelf tonight, otherwise I would have to say goodbye to a night's sleep. This is such a compelling series. I find myself holding my breathe every few minutes as yet another "Oh. My. Goodness." moment hits me; be it a scene of intense poignancy, an act of incredible daring by one of the great characters, or a moment of sudden and unexpected brutality. What a book.

Finished Suzanne Collin's 'The Hunger Games ~ Catching Fire', the second in the trilogy.

I cannot allow myself to even get the third book from the shelf tonight, otherwise I would have to say goodbye to a night's sleep. This is such a compelling series. I find myself holding my breathe every few minutes as yet another "Oh. My. Goodness." moment hits me; be it a scene of intense poignancy, an act of incredible daring by one of the great characters, or a moment of sudden and unexpected brutality. What a book.

DO NOT start it under any circumstances I made that mistake with the first one and finished it in one sitting by about 3am the day I got back to work, also DO NOT read it before you go to work you will need major repair work to get over it......enjoy!!! :D

I started the second Lee Child book in the bath tonight am enjoying it so far.

I started Unearthly by Cynthia Hand last night seems ok so far, that was until I was flicking to the last pages (to see how many there were) and caught a glimpse of the word 'trilogy'. Why does every book that comes out these days have to be apart of a series? Where have all the stand alone books gone? :(

Now that you mention it, Page Turner, there do seem to be an awful lots of trilogies around!

I have finished The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson and will be starting on Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris.

Water for Elephants is an excellent read, Bookworm! :D

I had a busy weekend but managed to get about 50 pages of PopCo read. I also went to Barnes & Noble yesterday to spend my gift cert and bought myself An Oral and Visual History by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Brendan Mullen :D

Just finished Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone. Absolutely loved it. Now to hunt down the rest of them in Waterstones. I want them now, but can't find any of them in shops in Leeds City Centre. Don't want to have to wait for delivery! Wow, I am so impatient.