Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am most of the way through the third installment of the Hunger Games and am loving it, don't know what I am going to do when I finish it and what I am going to read next.

I finished The Thirteenth Apostle by Michel Benoit last night (OK ish - better than Da Vinci Code but the translation held back the plot). I have now started The Sleepless Moon by H E Bates.

I have read nothing in ages ... zilch..... not ..a... jot. :irked:

I did rearrange my bookshelves today to try and bond with my books again and maybe even find my mojo hiding behind one of them, but no. No mojo and no inspiration of what to read .. *sigh* :(

Awww Charm :empathy: Maybe you should just buy a couple of new books to read, seeing that the books you already own do not seem to entice you enough :giggle:

I finished The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway and started A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Awww Charm :empathy: Maybe you should just buy a couple of new books to read, seeing that the books you already own do not seem to entice you enough :giggle:

Thanks :wibbly: *sniff*. I actually started a book last night so we'll see how that goes.

Although ......I do think you're right now that I think about it...... you are absolutely correct ..... a new book or 6 may inspire my mojo you say? Of course you are spot on frankie! Why didn't I do this sooner? :doh: I must look into this :out:

I only managed about 20 pages of PopCo last night before falling asleep. Yesterday was a long and tiring day and I was too weepy so I drifted off and next thing I know it was this morning.

No reading yet, I did buy "Poison Studies".. by eh, Maria Snyder. You guys advised me to, so I hope it's good. It would not be the first book I bought on account of this forum, all have been good so far. The bookshop (and this is the biggest one in town!!) disappointed me once more. I know now why I buy all my books online. I had a list of about 15 books I wanted most.. they only had one. ONE! They did have Dan Simmon's Endymion, but only as an omnibus of that one and the next part, which means it's bloody heavy, and a paperback at that.. annoying. So just Poison Studies for me. Went to the used books store too, but the only books I wanted they only had translated. Pff. I want to read the original english!

Good thing for online shops. :)

I read Poison Study and the 2 others in the trilogy (well I think there are only 3) and enjoyed them, they are good fantasy novels.

I can't decide whether to go home and finish The Hunger Games or leave it in case I wake early again tommorow morning and finish it then, I might not be able to resist until then...oh decisions decisions :D

Edited by pickle

Finished Captivate during my lunch break. It was okay, but no great shakes. Have an iPad book, a Kindle book and a real book on the go as well, so will read some more of one of those this evening, but I've got two books for my book group to read in the next two weeks, so I'd better think about making a start on them as well soon.

Edited by chesilbeach

Hmmm, I seem to be having rather a lot of book activity today :blush: I've just finished another book, The Hundred and Ninety-Nine Steps. In my defence, I did start it on Monday, and it is only 110 or so pages, so it's really only a novella, so I've only read about 40 or so more pages to finish it.

I've read some more of Passing Strange on my way home from work and I'm still loving it. :doowapstart:

Soon I will go to bed and read some Harry Potter 3, which I started a few weeks ago as I'd like to finish it this week.

I also still have The Passage on my bedside table and I hope I can read a couple 100 pages in it at the weekend.

Reading 3 books at once is kinda difficult, but The Passage and Potter books are just to big to take on the train and tram on my way to work.

Edited by lopeanha

I have decided to forgo the last part of my book until tommrow in favour of wthing Raider of the Lost Ark on tv...sometimes I need to remind myself why I got into my job :D

Today I finished Stephen Fry's autobiographical book Moab Is My Washpot and I am quite blown-away by it. It was truly terrific and explained a lot about the man that I didn't know. It is written wonderfully, in the same chatty but intellectual style that we're so used to seeing from him.

Edited by Ben

I'm more than half-way through Twenty Years After by Alexandre Dumas. I started on it before the new year, but it's a long book.

It's a great read, though. :D

After a couple of days absence from reading in order to catch up with some coursework, I today got back in to Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, and am now 70% through it. I'll probably get it finished before or during the weekend, depending on how much homework I receive in the next two days.

No actual reading has taken place today, however the "book activity" has been most fruitful.

First of all books arrived in the mail...

Changing My Mind by Zadie Smith

White Jazz by James Ellroy

The second bit of book activity involves the arrival of about 40 boxes of books out of storage [at last!] belonging to my OH. DS arrived last night actually with the boxes, and we are unpacking them slowly but surely. We're gonna need more bookcases. :cool:

I finished Mockingjay the third in the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins this morning before work and can I just say I was in bits, there was some serious repair work needed with makeup to disguise the crying, but then I am always an emotional wreck and these books tapped into everything that brings out the emotional in me. I really recommend it

The case for my Kindle arrived yesterday, so I was able to take it to work for my lunchtime reading session today, and I started The Knife of Never Letting Go. Read the first eight chapters, and had to force myself to put it away and go back to work! Pesky job, always getting in the way of my reading time :Tantrum:

I didn't really get any books for Christmas, as people don't seem to pick up on this whole 'all I want is books' thing I push. I got Oscar Wilde's complete works, which is nice for the two or three things I didn't already have in another form.

I did get one book, however, as a pressie from someone very lovely, and it's fantastic! I'm delighted with it. It's called The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell, and it's the first in his Arthurian 'Warlord Chronicles'. I'm ordering the second two a.s.a.p because I'm about halfway through the first book and I'm absolutely loving it.

I bought the first three Lee Child books today on Amazon as I have just finished my last book and am desperate for more and these were recommended on here and I need a new series. :D

I'm so glad you enjoyed the The Hunger Games trilogy Pickle. I loved it too! I reckon you've chosen just the right thing to kick your mojo into gear, Chrissy. :)

I've read a couple of chapters of The Library at Night. I wonder if this book is responsible for all the bookish dreams I've had almost every night this year. biggrin.gif

I did a bit of purge in my library last night and selected 20 books that I can remove from my TBR pile!