Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a complaint, I stayed up lst night til about 2am to read the first book of the Hunger Games stop recommending good books to me I will never get any sleep. WeIl am on the second one now but I have to switch the light off to get up for work tommorow. :D

I have signed up for another long term reading Challenge :giggle2: This one has almost 700 books on :rolleyes: So I've spent most of the morning sorting out what books I've already got to read. I really must stop looking at really long book lists :blush:

lol. I'm doing the Take a Chance Challenge this year. It's not too long so with that and Rory I should still be able to read books just for the fun of it! Actually I might post a thread on it here

I've read most of One Day now. Must admit I don't think it's that great.

Edited by Lucybird

Not today, but yesterday, I purchased two new book shelves. They were cheap, but serve their purpose well. All of my books are now on shelves and organized. I have no excuse for not working on making my TBR pile smaller now. :P

I finished reading What You See is What You Get, Alan Sugar's autobiography last night. A pretty good read but got a bit too self-congratulatory towards the end for me.

Made a start on Timoleon Vieta Come Home by Dan Rhodes today. As it is a kindle book I can tell you I have read 30% so far and hoping to read a bit more before bed. It is not living up to the standard of Gold which is the first book of his I read and all others have never reached those heights. Average really so far.

I Finished More to Life Than This - Carole Matthews and have started Handle with Care - Jodi Picoult

I hope you like Handle with Care, Laura. It's currently my favourite Picoult

I had ordered some books online with xmas money. They arrived last week: Room by Emma Donoghue, Please Kill me by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain, Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby.

I went to a used book store this weekend and got the following: The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews, Fall on your Knees by Ann-Marie Macdonald, Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie, The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, Mirror Mirror and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire, Half Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls, and In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje.

My boyfriend bought me The Book Thief by Markun Zusak and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne.

And today I went to the bookstore and picked up: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People by Toby Young, Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Edgar Allen Poe, Le Petit Prince (french edition) by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, and Teach Yourself Essential German Verbs.

An my mom picked me up a last minute xmas gift: Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris.

Whew! Thats a lot of books haha. Pretty sure I'll have more added to the pile tomorrow after browsing the second hand store. I'm going to need a new job just to support my book spending habits! haha

I finished reading Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber last night and started reading The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway.

I think The Garden of Eden is being made into a movie this year. I'll be interested in your thoughts on it. Have you read any other Hemingway?

Finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and am now moving onto Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn.

Ella Minnow Pea is a brilliant book, BobblyBear! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I think it's actually one that I enjoyed more in hindsight, if that makes sense.

Excellent haul Nightwish! I hope you enjoy all that reading. :)

I have started reading Ariel, a collection of poetry by Sylvia Plath. My other two books are going well also, but I haven't read much today. Hoping to rectify that shortly.

Edited by Kylie

Not today, but yesterday, I purchased two new book shelves. They were cheap, but serve their purpose well. All of my books are now on shelves and organized. I have no excuse for not working on making my TBR pile smaller now. :P

Nice!! I was going to say happy organising but you've finished with that already :lol: May I be so bold as to ask you to post pictures in the bookshelves thread? Sorry, can't remember the correct title at the moment.

I think The Garden of Eden is being made into a movie this year. I'll be interested in your thoughts on it. Have you read any other Hemingway?

This is indeed my first Hemingway, and I'm not sure it this was the right book to start with because according to the back cover this was found after Hemingway was dead, and it's supposed be quite different from his usual style, at least theme-wise. I'm enjoying it to a certain point but I'm also finding it a bit bizarre. I'm not sure if it would read differently if I had it as an English original (found the novel in the library booksale for only 20 cnt which is the reason why I bought it in the first place). What a coinkydink that it should be made into a movie this year! For some reason I had thought that it's already been made into a movie, maybe I just confuse the title with East of Eden :blush: I think I'd like to watch the movie but wouldn't go to the theatre to watch it. I'll post my fully formed thoughts on the book when I've finished it.

Ella Minnow Pea is a brilliant book, BobblyBear! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I think it's actually one that I enjoyed more in hindsight, if that makes sense.

I know this was meant for BobblyBear but I still haven't gotten over the fact that I didn't read this book while I had the chance... :(

I know this was meant for BobblyBear but I still haven't gotten over the fact that I didn't read this book while I had the chance... :(

You'll get to it one day, I'm sure. :)

I hope you like Handle with Care, Laura. It's currently my favourite Picoult

I'm really enjoying it at the moment! Thought I would read a few pages before I went to bed last night and stayed reading until half past one in the morning. Oops :giggle2:

I'm still quite early on in the book, but am loving it so far. :D It's very original and clever, with a lot of play on words.

Edited by bobblybear

I have read nothing in ages ... zilch..... not ..a... jot. :irked:

I did rearrange my bookshelves today to try and bond with my books again and maybe even find my mojo hiding behind one of them, but no. No mojo and no inspiration of what to read .. *sigh* :(