Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I'm just over 100 pages into Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde, and am finding it quite odd and a little confusing to be honest. But seeing as he's one of my favourites I'll carry on. I also went out and bought 7 books that I clearly needed eventhough my TRB pile is over 200 books already!

It took me a while to get into this one as well but it is good once ot gets going and you get a bit further in, I am not sure its as good as the Thursday Next and Nursery Crimes books bit I love the idea of it.

I am most of the way through Andrea Camilleri - The Shape of the Water which although I have read before I am loving it, transporting me to a hot Sicily.

I popped into waterstones today but I couldn't find anything I really wanted to buy, all the sales were a bit rubbish 3-2 on a load of books I own or already read and ones I wanted they didn't have the second one of, so a little frustrated with them, gonna go onto Amazon later and spend away money I don't have :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Lew Wallace - Ben Hur. Deciding what the first book for 2011 should be.

How did you find this Vinay? I have it on my TBR pile.

I finished The Last Battle by CS Lewis, thus completing the Chronicles of Narnia. It only took me about 3 years to read them all!

I'm over halfway through Wings by Terry Pratchett and will easily finish that today. Now to decide on my first read for 2011...biggrin.gif

Other book activity indulged in today includes shelving my new books and taking updated photos of my bookshelves for the start of the new year.

I made a quick run to Half Price Books today and even though I spent a lot of time searching I didn't find a book I wanted! They didn't have any specific titles I was looking for, and if there's one thing I hate is buying something just because it's cheap and there on the shelf. I did however find a great Gerry Mulligan jazz CD :D.

I didn't buy any but my Mum came over with the hardcover Enid Blyton books that I used to read as a child. She was going to get rid of them and thought my daughter might read them. They are a bit beyond her reading level but with my help she is doing ok with them. She started with Don't Be Silly, Mr Twiddle.

Last night I managed to knock off another chapter of A Game of Thrones.

Read Fup: A Modern Fable by Jim Dodge yesterday. Want to try and finish A Christmas Carol today, and then I'm only reading two books. I'd hoped to start the new year with afresh but no way am I going to be able to finish either of the other two books I'm reading, so I'm going to try and make those the first two books I finish in 2011!

Finished The Little Prince last night. What a sweet little story. :smile2:

Now I have to decide what to read next. Should I start the Harry Potter series, or should I look at some of those 12 Days of Kindle bargains I picked up last night? Decisions, decisions.... :doh:

bobblybear

I've finished Wings by Terry Pratchett. I highly recommend the Bromeliad Trilogy; they're excellent!

I've now started by first read of 2011 - Watchmen by Alan Moore. I'm reading this is an ebook so unfortunately it won't count as one off my TBR pile. Not to worry. I'm just finishing up the first part of 12 and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Well I went back to the little bookshop with more money today and brought

The Borrowers - Mary Norton

The Borrowers Afield - Mary Norton

The Borrowers Afloat - Mary Norton

The Borrowers Aloft - Mary Norton

The Borrowers Avenged - Mary Norton

Five on a Secret Trail - Enid Blyton

Five on Kirren Island Again - Enid Blyton

Five Have Plenty of Fun - Enid Blyton

Keeping Faith - Jodi Picoult

David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

White Teeth - Zadie Smith

Life of Pi -Yann Martel

all for under a tenner too :D

Just received my last books for awhile, as my new year's resolution starts tomorrow. At least I didn't pay for these myself. I used a gift card I got for Christmas. :giggle2:

The Blue Rose Trilogy by Peter Straub which includes Koko, Mystery, and The Throat

Deerskin, Sunshine, and Chalice by Robin McKinley

The Flanders Panel by Arturo Perez-Reverte

Have started my first read for the new year, it's the first book in the Mistborn series - The final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I loved the cover and the catcher line on the front "what if the Dark Lord won?" reminded me of Harry Potter so I'm in. Hoping it's good as I've already bought the rest of the series.

have started The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

bobblybear

I absolutely love that book! It's wonderfully refreshing to say the least. I hope you enjoy it!

I started reading Leo Tolstoy - War and Peace. Call it my way of starting the year with a self-challenge.

Have started my first read for the new year, it's the first book in the Mistborn series - The final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I loved the cover and the catcher line on the front "what if the Dark Lord won?" reminded me of Harry Potter so I'm in. Hoping it's good as I've already bought the rest of the series.

I haven't read any of his original work, but I do love his work on the Wheel of Time books. I hope to read his other books soon, especially since I've started listening to his podcast Writing Excuses. Happy reading!

Edited by vinay87

Guest Eliza1

On the last part of Priestess of the White. It's such a good book, but since xmas my reading has been a nightmare. I haven't even been reading the paper properly! Oh well, starting from tomorrow, I'm looking to jump start :readingtwo::D