Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halfway through Catch 22 & still enjoying it. I also bought more books from the charity shop yesterday sigh!!!! :blush:

the sea, the sea Iris Murdoch

The Cutting Room Louise Welsh

The People's Act of Love James Meek

The Iron Horse Edward Marston

I have barely made a dent in 'The Girl with Glass Feet' by Ali Smith, my reading mojo is awful at the moment :)

I posted two books off today, and had the delight of having a surprise book arrive from a fellow BCF'er. :D:D:D

'Wicked Plants ~ The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother & Other Botanical Atrocities' by Amy Stewart. It looks absolutely brilliant, with such chapter headings as, 'Fatal Fungus' and 'Weeds Of Mass Destruction'. I am looking forward to delving into this next week when OH is away on business.*

*If he has any sense, and notices the title, he'll not accept a salad from me after an argument in the future! :wink:

I didn't do any reading yesterday, but I've picked up again with Atlas Shrugged and I've also read most of Typo-Bloopers, a book about typos in US publications (published in the 1970s).

I didn't do any reading yesterday, but I've picked up again with Atlas Shrugged and I've also read most of Typo-Bloopers, a book about typos in US publications (published in the 1970s).

If Typo-Bloopers is the book that was making you giggle in your library so hard that I heard it downstairs the other night, I want to take a look at it :D

Picked up a Journal, German phrase book and an art book about Andy Warhol last night during an impromptu hangout with my bff! Got a few more chapters read of Mystic River by Dennis Lehane. Liking it a lot, just wish I had more time to read. Busy Busy! :(

I received a few books in the mail today:

Neil Gaiman: Stardust

Chuck Palahniuk: Rant

PG Wodehouse: Young Men in Spats

I also got an updated bushwalk guide to the Blue Mountains.

And I forgot to mention that Frankie has given me Chris Priestley's Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror. Frankie's the best! (And not just because she gives me books. smile2.gif)

I also read about 60 pages of Atlas Shrugged and finished Typo-Bloopers.

And I forgot to mention that Frankie has given me Chris Priestley's Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror. Frankie's the best! (And not just because she gives me books. smile2.gif)

Enjoy Kylie! :)

My reading mojo is awful at the moment :)

I finished The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters this morning I know there is a thread on here somewhere I will try and post something constructive when I get home tonight

Edited by pickle

Bookcrossing meetup tonight ~ two books to be released.

'The King's Secret Matter# Jean Plaidy

'Randome Actos of Heroic Love' Danny Scheinmann

These two were left on our bookshelf last time but no labels on.

Still reading Harvesting the Heart.

My reading mojo is awful at the moment :)

:empathy: Try the demon series, sure to bring back a wandering mojo ;)

I am very slowly getting in 'The Girl with Glass Feet' by Ali Smith :)

Good to hear!

I finished The Book of Lost Things last night, not sure what to read next, might try City of Bones by Cassandra Clare :)