Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I'm still reading the first Dexter book by Jeff Lindsay. I'm not finding much time to read at the moment so it's taking a while to read, not that that's a bad thing. Just ordered the next in the series today.

Oh the second in the series is my favourite, I hope you enjoy it! :D

I've spent the last couple of days at the book fair having loads of fun and taking pics of Frankie buying books. :)

Sounds like she may need to buy another suitcase to get them all back home too! ;):lol:

I was pretty sore last night, so I went to bed and managed to read a good few chapters. :D

Edited by Charm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Tender is the Night yesterday, and started The English Patient today.

Also, went to the library and got 4 other books I probably won't have time to finish, but hey...can't refuse good books, now can you :D

I vote for Union Street! I once saw a film called Stanley and Iris, which was apparently based on that book, and I've always meant to read it but never got round to it. So you can tell me if it's any good :)

Thanks Roland I'll start with that one :)

Vanity Fair is for October. :)

I'll make this one my second book and see if I can finish it before the end of October! Now there's a challenge :lol:

Continuing with The Small Hand very good so far - should get a good read of it tomorrow morning when I can take advantage of a lie-in. I brought home from work The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley - I'm curious to try it having heard nothing but good about it on here.

One of the book shops in town was having a closing down sale and the ad in the shop said 'Fill a bag with any books £5'. Naturally I couldn't resist :giggle2: The bag held a whopping 35 books!

Blimey. On the one hand, lucky you! :D On the other, sad that yet another bookshop is closing down :(

Last night I finished Jo Nesbo's The Devil's Star, which was utterly fab, and then started Chris Wooding's Retribution Falls, which has the distinct feel of Joss Whedon's Firefly about it.

Blimey. On the one hand, lucky you! :D On the other, sad that yet another bookshop is closing down :(

Thanks! My bookshelves are filling up nicely. The bookshop is being replaced with ..... another bookshop! :D

I'm well over half way through Skin Trade now, good stuff!

I am 170 pages into Patricia Cornwell's Unnatural Exposure. Her 8th Scarpetta novel. This amuses me as Cornwell describes the new Email and internet facilities and how an image builds down the screen. How the hell Lucy keeps her job I don't know as she is a bit amateur sometimes.Ring an FBI investogater has the hots for Lucy but he does seem a bit pervy. The books is a great thriller and at last we see Dr Kay has a personal side and sleeps with her new lover. This is my third book this week but the 1st Scarpetta I have read for a long time and I am really enjoying it.

I have one more Scarpetta after this one but may read it last in my TBR for next week.

Over the past two days I've read about half of And Another Thing... by Eoin Colfer, being Part Six of Three of Douglas Adams's Increasingly Inaccurately Named Trilogy of Five. Loving it so far, and I'm a die-hard fan so Colfer can count himself safe.

Sounds like she may need to buy another suitcase to get them all back home too! ;):lol:

She may need more than one other suitcase. ;) We haven't even hit all the secondhand bookshops around Sydney yet!

I'm planning on spending the day cataloguing and shelving all my new books. Joy! biggrin.gif

It may be wise for Frankie to ship some stuff home, Kylie! After all, she's barely been there a week, right?! I see many more book purchases in her future visiting you :lol:.

I went to a brunch/book exchange this morning and got back my copies of The Thirteenth Tale and Possession. I also brought and shared The Eyre Affair and The Monsters of Templeton, since they are two of my faves and am glad someone else could borrow them :D. For me, I'm finally going to get to read Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, woo! I borrowed that one and The Lovely Bones, since I've never read it and have been meaning to.

Oh, and this afternoon when I got home I did a bit more reading of Dead to the World and am officially on page 119 :D.

In the post I recieved:

Murder On The Eiffel Tower by Claude Izner, a review book from Gallic.

In my local secondhand charity shop I bought:

Tag by Michael Coleman (it just looked interesting, only one review on Amazon but it's 5 star!)

The English Patient by Miachel Ondaatje

The Blackwater Lightship by Colm Tóbín (to replace my tattered Uni copy).

I iz happee :D