Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I'm so jealous of your Sopranos find I love, love, love the Sopranos.

Sorry to hear you've not been well unfortunately when your a Mum there's no such thing as time off :hug:

Thank you mate.

I like te Sorpanos and could not believe my luck when I found it. My favorutie show is The Shield so would have been even better if it was that *Sorry for going off topic mods*

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into my little local book shop and brought

one child - torey hayden

strike back - chris ryan

the tenth circle - jodi picoult

I also recived two books in the post from winning a competition on here :D,

emotional geology - linda gillard

witchfinder dawn of the demontide - william hussey

Thats good to know about Dexter, I have not rushed out to get it as I found the series IMO to be a bit hit or miss.

Great haul I'm lucky the charity shops in my village are awesome and I pick up some great littel finds of books that I Have on my wishlist. I am looking for City of Bones as they don't haveit in my library.

As for my reading activity, I have been ill of late so not done much reading, but I have 70 pages to go of In Silence and hope to finish it by tonight. not sure what my next book will be as I have my library book club on Thursday night and will get a book then, so I have to read sometin kinda quick.

I know what you mean about Dexter, the third in the series was a bit off but he began to come back in the fourth, and now in the fifth, is so good again! :D

It's great to have good charity shops, I could lose hrs in them and have found some great reads ;) Well done on your haul, with DVD's too? Such a bargain!

I hope you enjoyed In Silence? :blush: Sorry you haven't been feeling too good lately hun, sending you lots of virtual :friends0::empathy::friends0: xo

I've been having so much fun, getting all my used books in the mail from my Amazon marketplace order. But today, a big dog arrived....my Bleach boxset. The first 21 volumes! Oh, I'm such a happy manga nerd today!!!!

I haven't read as much as I've wanted the past few days, but I'm just a page or two past the halfway point of Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I'm loving it and am in awe of Mr. Bradley that's for sure! :D

I know what you mean about Dexter, the third in the series was a bit off but he began to come back in the fourth, and now in the fifth, is so good again! :D

It's great to have good charity shops, I could lose hrs in them and have found some great reads ;) Well done on your haul, with DVD's too? Such a bargain!

I hope you enjoyed In Silence? :blush: Sorry you haven't been feeling too good lately hun, sending you lots of virtual :friends0::empathy::friends0: xo

Thanks mate.

I did enjoy In Silence, and I see what you means about it beening like Slaughter, the way she molds the characters arevery much like her. Loved the ending. Even though you could have figured out some parts, there is no way you could have got al of the ending. :lol: I actually laughed at one point, pure genius!

I am now reading The executioner by Chris Carter. This was reserved at my local library and as my mojo is good but can be easly lead away, I have decided to stick with the crime genre. It seems to be working. I have only read 20 pages but itis already gripping me. I really do recomend this author to people who love serial killer detective novels. Especially Chrissy, Charm and Mac. Very Jack Kerely and Jonathan Nasaw.

I take it you're enjoying the fifth Dexter then, aye? Excellent!  :D How far are you? I've been struggling to find time to read the novel, today I'll be able to do 2 hours of reading on the train, that's luxury! 

Thanks mate.

I did enjoy In Silence, and I see what you means about it beening like Slaughter, the way she molds the characters arevery much like her. Loved the ending. Even though you could have figured out some parts, there is no way you could have got al of the ending. :lol: I actually laughed at one point, pure genius!

I am now reading The executioner by Chris Carter. This was reserved at my local library and as my mojo is good but can be easly lead away, I have decided to stick with the crime genre. It seems to be working. I have only read 20 pages but itis already gripping me. I really do recomend this author to people who love serial killer detective novels. Especially Chrissy, Charm and Mac. Very Jack Kerely and Jonathan Nasaw.

Excellent! Glad you enjoyed In Silence, the ending was brilliant, although I did guess the 'bad guy' too ;)

I take it you're enjoying the fifth Dexter then, aye? Excellent! :D How far are you? I've been struggling to find time to read the novel, today I'll be able to do 2 hours of reading on the train, that's luxury!

I am indeed :D Love the delicious one! :blush: Enjoy your train reading! Our electric is going off today so I should get some reading done then, I'm up to chapter 13 so far :D

I read a couple of pages of Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises while having breakfast this morning. I'm intending to finish a non-fiction book called the Future of Music later today, but it seems to be a busy day after all, so we'll see about that.

Finished A Lifetime Burning. I really enjoyed it although it's very different from Linda Gillard's other books, and it seems to have revived my lagging mojo!

It is such a good read isn't it? Although almost possible to describe I found. All I say to people is "Read it!". :)

I forgot to say that I ordered a book today, 'Patient ~ The True Story Of A Rare Illness' by Ben Watt (of Everything But The Girl). I read about his illness in a newspaper article years ago, and it was frankly quite gob smacking, and as I was listening to some of EBTG's music earlier, it made me think the book.

I have also wrapped (badly as always) two books that I'm sending out. They are currentky sitting in my car, because I forgot that my local post office closes early on Wednesdays. :doh:

I am indeed :D Love the delicious one! :blush: Enjoy your train reading! Our electric is going off today so I should get some reading done then, I'm up to chapter 13 so far :D

What's the electricity going off for? I hope it wasn't a long stretch. I didn't get any reading done in the train yesterday, I was too nervous to read! I've been to the train to Lappeenranta a hundred times but I guess it was different this time because I had all my luggages with me and it was the first lag of the trip for me. I'm beginning to lose the plot, I had to skim read some parts of the novel last night in bed. Do you already know who the admirer is? Exciting stuff!!!