• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently reading ~ 'Lover Awakened' by J.R. Ward and I ordered from amazon ~

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward

Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan

The Behaviour of Moths by Poppy Adams

:)

About 150 pages into In silence by Erica Spindler. I'm liking it. I am able to put it down easy enough. I was wondering when a murder was going to happen. But So far so good.

She is good for that which is why her books are a very easy read, some of them are more blood thirsty than others though.

Ah the black dagger books such pure escapism with sexy vampires, hope you are enjoying them!!:D

Finished Ashes to Ashes last night - enjoyable light reading. My memory has obviously been playing tricks on me - I'd forgotten we'd won as many as that :lol: . Nice gentle humour, very much in the style of Marcus Berkmann's better known Rain Men, with stuff like:

The third seamer, playing only his second Test, was the grunting Victorian, Merv Hughes, 'a player we knew little about', wrote Gatting. It's hard now, years later, to imagine a point in your life when you didn't know anything about Merv Hughes. What a state of grace that must have been.

Or, as Merv would no doubt say: "****wipe".

Read 50 pages of Cutting for Stone last night, even though I'm really enjoying this book I seem to be limping slowly towards the finishing line. I really hope that when I get to the end a new book will perk up my mojo :Zzzz:

About 150 pages into In silence by Erica Spindler. I'm liking it. I am able to put it down easy enough. I was wondering when a murder was going to happen. But So far so good.

Glad you like it! :D

I take it we have another Brotherhood fan then? :D Do you have a favourite yet? :blush:

I'm about two thirds of the way through The Lovely Bones now, intrigued to see how it ends. :D Also received 7 books in the post from Amazon

Laurell K Hamilton ~ Blood Noir

Laurell K Hamilton ~ Skin Trade

Kelley Armstrong ~ Waking The Witch

Jeff Lindsay ~ Dexter Is Delicious

Daniel Waters ~ Generation Dead

Daniel Waters ~ Kiss Of Life

Daniel Waters ~ Passing Strange

and received £20 Waterstone's vouchers from my lovely kids! My book shelves are filling up nicely :D

Oh and parceled up and posted a bookring book off to lopeanha :)

I'm exhausted! :thud:

Ah the black dagger books such pure escapism with sexy vampires, hope you are enjoying them!!:D

I am enjoying them, thanks pickle, you too :)

I take it we have another Brotherhood fan then? :D Do you have a favourite yet? :blush:

Wow Charm, you have had a book day and a half!, do I have a favourite book or a favourite character?, my favourite book so far is 'Lover Eternal', and I like Rhage but all the characters are good, apart from the lessening society, they are meanies! :)

I finished Seven Up by Janet Evanovich. Pretty enjoyable but not the best of the series by any means. The characters are very funny but I thought the plot was a bit slower than usual.

I'll continue on with Vlad now.

Just back from holiday so a bit of a catch up.

Read:

The Ayatollah Begs to Differ: The Paradox of Modern Iran - Hooman Majd

Revelation Space - Alastair Reynolds

Hyperion - Dan Simmons

The Fall of Hyperion - Dan Simmons

Currently half way through:

My Friend the Mercenary - James Brabazon. This is the story of the failed coup in Equatorial Guinea the Mark Thatcher was alleged to be involved with althoguh the first half is about his reporting of an unreported war in Liberia. Very gripping so far.

I managed a few more pages of Picture Perfect before rain stopped play :(

My signed copy of William Hussey's Witchfinder Dawn of the Demontide arrive today curtesy of Michelle and BCF competition :D

Started Christopher Brookmyre's The Sacred Art of Stealing last night - just a couple of chapters in.

I hope you like it, I love brookmyre's books and have read them all.

I read a bit more of Company of liars this morning but have put it down and am currently reading Karin Slaughter- Faithless

The rest of the Black Dagger series by J.R. Ward ~

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward

Ulysses by James Joyce

Edited by Weave

I picked up a nice shiny copy of The Instance of the Fingerpost at Half Price Books today, since it's in much better shape than my copy and was only $3.00! Couldn't resist :D. I read more of Sweetness last night and will try to squeeze in more before I leave later.

Oh and I also bought a 2 disc CD set of Oscar Peterson music :D. Book related? No, but I did buy it at a book store! :lol:

I got 5 free books tonight at work *does a happy dance* We get to keep the advanced copies of the books publishers send out before a book's release because the store can't sell them. They just pile them on a table in the break room and we get to take whatever we want!! Tonight I took:

Ghost Country by Patrick Lee

The Breach by Patrick Lee

Traveling With Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor

Shadow Fall by Erin Kellison

Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison

There were a couple others that I have my eye on and if they're still in there tomorrow I'll take them as well. I just about had a coronary when my boss said that any books that aren't taken by the end of the month get thrown away!!!

Tonight I read 2 more chapters in Clockwork Angel and will be reading a few more before bed. :)

Edited by CaliLily