Greetings!

dollarsandcents

Hello current members, I'm making my first post here. New to this forum but familiar with forum life.

I thought I'd benefit from frequenting a literature related forum as it's nice to be able to discuss books, something which is lacking within my friend circle! I enjoy browsing around and reading comments and reviews so it makes sense really. Hopefully there's an active community with nice welcoming members and different personalities. Hope to cross you again soon.

Any questions? Don't be afraid to ask, hopefully I'll stick around and become familiar with the place throughout the coming days.

^^,

Hello. JC_cookies.gif....d'oh.....negative.gif....gah....hang on....

smilies-9599.png...there, that's better.

You're in good company here. Nobody bites and we all like talking about the nooks we read. And about other stuff, too. But you can pick and choose what you get involved in. Nothing's compulsory. Apart from being nice. That's why nobody bites. We're all nice. Anyway. Welcome.

Thanks, I'll have a good look around. I do like to indulge in the off-topic regularly!

For anyone who's interested I'm 22 and other than reading I'm a huge music and film fan, enjoy photography, the outdoors, sport (but not so much nowadays!), pub quizzes, larking around on the internet and having a good laugh with mates. My list of books I'd like to read is massively greater than the time I have to read unfortunately, so I'm one of those who buys 5 books for every one I get to read, bad habit? Anyway, favourite authors would probably be Steinbeck, Garcia Marquez, Dostoyevsky, Dawkins and Alan Bennett, if I had to name a broad five. I enjoy reading the classics (I aim to read a lot more in the near future) and would like to read some more Shakespeare too. So yeah, I like a broad range of fiction and also like to have interludes of non-fiction, usually Evolution/Genetics based to top up my former study subject but I'm also fascinated with a range of history, 20th century politics and current affairs.

Ramble over, yeah.

Hi! Nice to meet you! I am a huge reader too and I have the same bad habit of buying too many books and then stressing over when I have the time to read 'em. :readingtwo: Oh the life of a book lover! Glad you found us and I am looking forward to your posts! :cool: