Jacqueline Wilson

Darren Thomas

On her website, both Lola Rose and Midnight are in the '9-11' group. There are only a few for 12+

Added: the characters in Midnight are 13+ :)

I meant that Lola Rose was in the YA frame I personally thought about and that Midnight would fit that bill, too. Tracy Beaker books I saw in the general children's book section at the library, Lola Rose and (I assume) Midnight were in the YA section :) And after books like LR and Midnight and The Illustrated Mom I think I might go for the ones I saw in the general kids' section. I guess I didn't explain it very well :D 

• 11 months later...

I am a primary school librarian and have been surprised that these books have gone out of favour recently. JW is such a good author and portrays such difficult things in a way that many children can relate to and empathise with, as well as help support them with their own feelings and situations. I do plan to implement a library event based on one of these books (if anyone can suggest a good title) to help revive her a little bit. 

Also, has anyone seen the new covers of Hetty Feather and the series in waterstones recently, beautiful!

^ That's very sad to hear :( I've only read a few of Wilson's novels so far but I've liked them all, and I think they are the sort of books that a timeless and ageless. Could be read whenever and they are still relevant. Good luck with the library event, I hope it's successful! :smile2: I'd recommend Lola Rose and/or The Illustrated Mom.

I've read these:

Jacqueline Wilson - Four Children and It

Jacqueline Wilson - Clean Break

Jacqueline Wilson - The Worst Thing About My Sister

Jacqueline Wilson - Little Darlings

And I enjoyed them :). Our library does have a few more, but I haven't read those yet.

Used to love Jacqueline Wilson as a kid! Bad Girls, Tracy Beaker (and the sequels), Cliffhanger (and its sequel Buried Alive), Double Act, Clean Break, The Illustrated Mum, The Suitcase Kid and The Lottie Project were just some of my favourites at primary school. Ah, the nostalgia reading this thread is unreal...