Do you read magazines often?

Also trying to cut down. About two weeks ago I bought AusGood Food and delicious and have not even opened either. I obviously didn't need the/have too many mags. It is an addiction for sure:lol:

Trying to see if not reading the last magazines helps me not buy more. It is my only hope.

Can I also add that there is nothing like a trashy magazine about celebs. Thankfully I read these at work and don't have to buy them

Edited by corina
had another thought

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading magazines because of the Internet. However, magazines such as BBC Wildlife feature great spreads with high resolution photographs (advantage over internet). For TV gossip and film news & reviews, I just go online.

I do like buying New Scientist every once and a while when the front cover catches my eye :lol:

Unfortunately, I read a lot of magazines, which can be pretty expensive. I can't stop myself though. :motz: I don't have a subscription to any mag, but I regularly buy Runner's World and another sports magazine I am not sure is published in the UK. Sometimes I buy magazines about photography and now and then stuff like InStyle or videogame magazines.

Oh, and every couple of weeks I buy my new TV magazine. :lol:

• 5 months later...

What are your favorite magazines?

I am looking for new magazines because I just don't have any favorite. I have just filled in a 3 issue subscription to Entertainment Weekly to see if I like that one.

To me, no magazine yet is perfect for me. Either they have too much advertisement and not enough content, or they are too boring or too much filled with lies and gossip. Sometimes I think I should create my own magazine to be happy with one. :D

So, what are your favorites? And why?

I get Lonely Planet magazine and Good Housekeeping. I read LP from cover to cover - it's a good read. I don't get quite so much out of GH but you can guarantee that there will be some good recipies. We also get the Radio Times and the Week.

I don't read magazines that often, unless I'm getting a hair cut , sometimes when I'm on a very long journey and I want a break from a novel. I like red magazine and magazines about health and beauty with style and hair tips. If there is a copy of Now magazine or heat ill pick it up for a gawk at the celebrities, even though I know a lot of the stories are an invasion of privacy or completely made up. It's too hard to resist lol

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I generally don't. Five or so years ago I used to subscribe to a computing ones, now I might get a classical music one or if another grabs my eye in the shop I will buy it, but nothing regular. Do you read magazines?

Edited by Michelle
Merged with existing thread - please use the search facility.

I rarely read magazines nowadays. I used to devour them. I'd buy magazines on film, DVD, craft, sewing, music, homes, interior design, travel - the list seems endless! But thinking about it now, my magazine buying days coincided with the time in my life when I wasn't really reading books, and since that side of my reading has now firmly rooted itself in my life again, there isn't room for magazines anymore! I can't even remember the last time I bought a magazine, or even picked one up, at least other than the Radio Times, which I now only look at for listings, and rarely read the features.

Currently I subscribe to 3 mags, Spin, Entertainment Weekly and Food Network Magazine. Those are generally the only ones I read, unless I pick up the occasional interior design or genealogy mag :D

I buy ImagineFX (a science fiction and fantasy art magazine), Doctor Who Monthly and Radio Times.

I used to buy several science fiction magazines a month but I've recently stopped buying the last of them (SFX) because I found I was doing it out of habit and then not really reading it (and at £4 a month that's just a waste of money).

Ah hell where do I start

I subscribe to Health and Fitness, which is a general women's fitness mag, Cycling Active, Scarlett (which is a bit, erm alternative!) and Cosmo which I will be ending as I really don't find it remotely interesting anymore. Oh and National Geographic which I have been subscribing to for about 15 years eek!

I occasionally might pick up Company or Look magazine but it normally leaves me feeling miserable as I can't afford the lovely clothes in it and would never be as thin and gorgeous as the models wearing them anyway haha

I have 3 magazine subscriptions on my Nook that I read: The Food Network Magazine, National Geographic and Cosmopolitan. National Geographic is my favorite out of the three because I've always been obsessed with history and Earth science.

I read magazines like Take A Break and Chat, but only because my Mum buys them religiously every week, it's the only reading she does to be honest.

I used to buy a lot of magazines on TV/Film, crafts and music but I found them quite expensive for what they are, and that most of the stuff that was in them like interviews and reviews can be found online. I would rather spend my money and time on books, where I can sink into my own little world for a while.

Ah hell where do I start

I subscribe to Health and Fitness, which is a general women's fitness mag, Cycling Active, Scarlett (which is a bit, erm alternative!) and Cosmo which I will be ending as I really don't find it remotely interesting anymore. Oh and National Geographic which I have been subscribing to for about 15 years eek!

I occasionally might pick up Company or Look magazine but it normally leaves me feeling miserable as I can't afford the lovely clothes in it and would never be as thin and gorgeous as the models wearing them anyway haha

I've read Scarlet before, but wasn't impressed enough to buy it frequently, I used to read Cosmo religiously but found they just kept printing the same things with new titles so gave it up, I still buy it occasionally when I am out of things to read.

I've read Scarlet before, but wasn't impressed enough to buy it frequently, I used to read Cosmo religiously but found they just kept printing the same things with new titles so gave it up, I still buy it occasionally when I am out of things to read.

Scarlet has a new editor and the mag isn't as good as it used to be but I still prefer it to most women's glossys that are on the shelves