Kelley Armstrong

Kell

The first one out of the three is called The Summoning, then comes The Awakening, and lastly the third one doesn't come out till May 2010 is called The Reckoning.

Its all about a girl called Chole Saunders who at the age of 15 starts seeing ghosts.Then gets herself set to the Lyle House where her adventure really begins. Meet her friends Simon, Derek, Rae, Liz, and Tori. Each book more and more of the story is brought in.

This is a perfect read for people who like to read about supernatural. There are wizards and witches, werewolfs, and much more.

Edited by BookJumper

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'd never even heard of Kelly Armstrong before joining the forum, so when I saw a copy of 'Bitten' in the charity shop, I picked it up!

It's been sitting on the shelf for a while, but I've decided to start it today, so hopefully, I'll like it! I'll let all you Armstrong fans know what I think when I'm finished....and thanks for the recommendations!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest, I'd never even heard of Kelly Armstrong before joining the forum, so when I saw a copy of 'Bitten' in the charity shop, I picked it up!

It's been sitting on the shelf for a while, but I've decided to start it today, so hopefully, I'll like it! I'll let all you Armstrong fans know what I think when I'm finished....and thanks for the recommendations!:)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

• 1 month later...

I prefer the books in her series that are based on the werewolves, i really connected well with those characters

Some of the other books I like, but some just dont do it for me

I do like the YA series she has started

Darkest Powers series, im waiting for book 3 to come out. Has anyone else tried this series?

• 4 months later...

Just to let you know, Amazon have Waking The Witch as being 'available', but I went in to town to look in Waterstones etc for the book today and nowhere has it, so it seems Amazon are selling it earlier than the shops. Either way, just thought I'd let you know in case any of you want to order it :D

:lol: Sorry! I ordered it earlier :D

Just bought my copy from Waterstone's smile2.gif Have my current book to finish (hopefully this evening) and this will definitely be my next read!

I'm so jealous!! ;)

I'm so jealous!! ;)

Me too, I know i will give into temptation and buy t after pay day on Friday...btw does anyone know if she will be writing more of the Nadia Sittaford books I did really enjoy the two she wrote V different from the Otherworld series but well written.

Me too, I know i will give into temptation and buy t after pay day on Friday...btw does anyone know if she will be writing more of the Nadia Sittaford books I did really enjoy the two she wrote V different from the Otherworld series but well written.

I just had a quick look, and there's no mention of another book to that series, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be at some point down the road :)

Title: Waking The Witch

Author: Kelley Armstrong

Publisher: Orbit

Rating: 4/5

Synopsis (from waterstones.com):

Columbus is a small, fading town, untouched by the twenty-first century. But when three young women are found dead - victims of what appear to be ritual murders - things start to get very dark, and very dangerous ...Private investigator Savannah Levine can handle 'dark and dangerous'. As the daughter of a black witch, she has a lot of power running through her veins, and she's not afraid to use it. But her arrival in Columbus has not gone unnoticed. Savannah may think she's tracking down a murderer, but could she be the killer's next target? Of course she could always ask her old friend (and half-demon) Adam Vasic for back up. But Savannah has her own - very personal - reasons for keeping Adam well away from Columbus. And in any case, she can rely on her own powers. Can't she ...?

Review:

Savannah's first full length story is a cracker as she decides to cover her first solo investigation unbeknownst to Paige and Lucas who are enjoying a well deserved holiday. I loved how Armstrong shows Savannah trying to prove that she has conquered her hot-headed, impetuous nature and act like a mature, experienced investigator, all the while making some mistakes and some enemies along the way.

Lots of twists and turns to keep the reader on their toes, the story of the case is pacy enough to keep you turning the pages leading to an almost Scooby Doo style reveal at the end, something I certainly hadn't seen coming, and it is left with the promise of more Savannah stories to come.

A worthy addition to the Women of the Otherworld series.

Edited by chesilbeach

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if everyone is aware, but there are two novellas that were part of the Women of the Otherworld series that were only published as limited editions, and are incredibly hard to get hold of. Kelley has just tweeted ...

"Update: Counterfeit Magic & Angelic should be available in Canada & UK (Kindle & iBook) 24-72 hrs. Whew!"

So if you've been unable to get a copy of the novellas in book format, at least now you should be able to read the story in a digital format. I know this will again break my embargo on downloading any new books until I've read the ones I've got!

I actually joined an Angelic bookring hosted by Kelley herself and managed to read it a little while ago, which was lovely. I hope there'll be a re-release in hard copy at some point in the future as I wasn't lucky enough to snag my own copy first time round.

I don't think you'll be lucky Kell. She says this on her website:

Subterranean Press and I are bringing these novellas to ebook. The situation with Angelic has bothered me for a while--it's been sold out since it was released, meaning readers are often stuck paying hellish prices for a very short book when all they want is the story. I haven't wanted to reprint because I feel it diminishes the value of the original. With Counterfeit Magic, we've known for about a month that not all orders would be filled. So it was going to be Angelic all over again. One solution is ebooks.

• 1 month later...