Kelley Armstrong

Kell

Has anyone else read her Women of the Otherworld series? They run as follows:

1. Bitten

2. Stolen

3. Dime Store Magic

4. Industrial Magic

5. Haunted

The 1st 2 predominantly follow the story of Elena Michaels - the world's only female werewolf (& therefore highly desireable in the WW community). The 2nd one introduces a whole host of otherworld characters & the 3rd & 4th focus more on the Witch/Sorcerer relationships along with a few demons & vampires (see the whole thing opening up, here?). The 5th one carries on the story but from the afterlife point of view (it's intriguing - take my word for it).

There's a 6th book due out next Spring which should see a return to the WW characters (a very welcome return at that).

I've read them all & love them but would be interested in hearing from anyone else who's read/would like to read them...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Love her books 8-)

I own all the ones she has out. So, all the ones you have listed :D

I checked out some of her online stories but I can't really get into reading a book/story online.

Now i can't wait till May 2006 for the next book about Elena to come out.

Stolen was the first book i read from her. Alittle backwards as her first book was Bitten :reading:.

Ooh, goody - another fan! I'll admit, most folks just say "who?" & look puzzled when I mention her, yet I'm always recommending her works to people, left, right centre.

• 4 weeks later...

Funnily enough, I was on a training day about 6 weeks ago to use Powerpoint & we all had to do a presentation at the end of it (there were 3 of us), so I did mine on Kelley Armstrong's books. One of the lasses from the course bought some of my books from me & came to pick them up on Friday as she & the other lass from the course were both here for a course that day. Both of them had since bought all the books, read them & loved them - LOL!

They're just really, really good books!

That's odd - I wrote out a reply here this morning.. and it's not here!

Anyway, I really enjoyed Bitten.. it's a great idea for a story, but she also has such great characters. I've found myself a new author to read! :reading:

Kelly has eFiction on her site - there are 3 full length books which are prequels to Bitten, plus 12 short stories she wrote in 2005. I've just downloaded and printed off Beginnings - I have a laser printer, so it shouldn't be too heavy on ink, but you can also download an eReader version, or simply read online.

There's also alot of good stuff on her site - but no one is allowed to get caught up in her message board, and forget this one!! :D

Yes - there's some great stuff there. She actively involves fans via a newsletter too, to encourage them to take an active part in deciding what her next piece will be about, & she always manages to deliver.

I get the newsletter & updates, but I don't use the forums (I'm not usually a forum poster type - it takes something special* to make me stay!).

* From this you can gather I really like it here. :D

I've only read one or two of her e-fics so far - I keep meaning to get onto the rest of them, but somehow something always comes up. I'm going to have to make a concerted effort now...

It's been a while since I was really excited about new books arriving, but I could hardly wait for the rest of hers to turn up from Amazon! And I've not been disappointed so far.. Stolen continues Elena's story, but also introduces other great characters and ideas.

To anyone who likes the usual horror books, I'm sure you'll like these, and also people who like thrillers. In addition, I'm reminded of how I felt reading JD Robb.. great character development.. I feel like I'm really getting to know them, just like Dallas et al, and looking forward to hearing what comes next for them. :D

(Bitten is for sale, btw! :wink: :laugh: )

I'll admit to loving the 1st 2 just a little more than the others - I just adore the whole Pack! In sayinng that, though, I completely enjoyed the characters from the Coven & the Cabal too & the storylines through the 2 Magic books is excellent. Haunted was good, but I'm not quite so fond of Eve as a character, so I wasn't quite as thrilled, but it was still a damn good read. Here's hoping the new one will be on form with the return to the Pack!

• 3 weeks later...
Broken

Coming May 2006

When half-demon Xavier calls in the favour Elena owes him, it seems easy enough, steal Jack the Ripper's 'From Hell' letter away from a Toronto collector who had himself stolen it from the Ripper evidence boxes in the Metropolitan Police files. But nothing in the supernatural world is ever as simple as it seems. Elena accidentally triggers a spell placed on the letter, and manages to tear an opening that leads into the nether regions of Victorian London. Toronto may be looking for a tourism boost, but 'Gateway to Hell' isn't quite the new slogan the city had in mind...

Wow! Sounds very very cool! :D