Kelley Armstrong

Kell

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Loved all 5 of her books.

I was just on Amazon as I was thinking of pre-ordering Broken, and this is the synopsis of the book by Amazon:

"In this rare, personal investigation, His Holiness the Dalai Lama discusses his vision of science and faith working hand in hand to alleviate human suffering. Drawing on a lifetime of scientific study and religious practice, he explores many of the great debates and makes astonishing connections between seemingly disparate topics - such as evolution and karma - that will change the way we look at our world. While he sees science and faith as 'complementary but different investigative approaches with the same goal of seeking the truth,' the fact is that the two have often been at the root of human conflict for centuries. In THE UNIVERSE IN A SINGLE ATOM the Dalai Lama challenges us to see that the benefits of opening our hearts and minds to the connections between science and faith are far preferable to perpetuating the divisive rhetoric that often surrounds them. He believes that such enlightenment is the key to achieving peace within ourselves and throughout the world. Now, as we face such troubled and uncertain times, the need has never been greater for this extraordinary man's compassionate thoughts and wise words."

Is it just me, or does this not sound right?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, Broken has now been published.

I will, however, be waiting a lttle while to get it as I've a) got loads of books to keep me busy & :D have no money. So, it'll either be a birthday spend or waiting till it comes out in paperback...

Armstrong has also aready begun work on book No. 7 (no title as yet), so plenty to look forward to!

• 2 weeks later...

I felt the same, Clare - I wasn't so keen on Eve's story (although I did enjoy it - just not as much as the others). The 1st two, featuring the Pack, are still my favourites, so I'm hoping that I'll enjoy Broken as much as I did Bitten & Stolen.

I'm waiting for a few others read it before I say much. I loved DS Magic and I Magic, but I agree, I wasn't quite so keen on Haunted.

Broken was a good enough story, but wasn't as good as I hoped..

Perhaps part of the problem was that Elena and Clay are too 'settled' now, and that part of the storyline is missing.

Also, on one hand Elena is really worried about her pregnancy, but on the other, she's rushing around taking chances.

I also think it may have been nice to explore the 'Victorian England' angle.. having someone go through the portal perhaps?

It was nice to get back to the characters, and it was a good book, despite my points. :lol:

Seriously.. don't read my comments until you've read the book! lol :lol:

• 1 month later...

I have just finished reading Bitten and now im hooked. :( I read most of it this weekend. Have just ordered Stolen carnt wait for it to get here. Am I ok to have a break between Stolen and the next one, cause there about different things right?

So much for not buying any more books for a while!

Thanks kell, there great :tyou:

Another Armstrong fan!! :)

Yep, Dime Store Magic is the next one, and about a different set of characters (although the old ones do pop up, if memory serves me correct.)

If you try the Kelley Armstrong competition, you may be able to get a signed copy! :(

(I am sooo jealous of you all.. *I* want to win that one! lol)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks oh so much Kell for the referral on this author. I bought Bitten a long time ago but never got around to reading it until recently and I fell in love and am dying to have the rest of her books now. I also turned a fellow avid reader onto her as well and she's in heaven just like me. Thanks again!!!!