L. A. Banks, the vampire huntress series

tenne

Anyone on here reading the vampire huntress series. I've looked for a thread but couldn't find any. I'm pretty new to the world of vampire books/fantasy but found her writing really gripped me. Normally I'm a non fiction reader, as in "Primitive cooking in Neolithic Britian" type of book.

Normally I'm a non fiction reader, as in "Primitive cooking in Neolithic Britian" type of book.

Haa! I know how you feel. I'm currently re-reading Social Innovation and Territorial Development just for fun.....yes I'm a complete loser!

I've not heard of this series Tenne and I've read a fair bit of vampire fiction. I've recently made a start on Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series and also the JR Ward Vampire series. They're both ok.

How many books are in the series so far? Any good?

I really enjoyed them up to the last one, which I thought ended in a hurry. Her writing is very intelligent and she uses the bible as a back drop to many of her stories. For example, one book is about Cain and the land of Nod (which Cain was banished to in the bible). Her writing is very sexy and not preachy in the least bit even with the background and I found her descritpion of other lands to be pretty accurate. Her first book in Minion and it is a bit slow because there are so many characters to set up. I've finished the vampire huntress series and I'm now working on her crimson moon one. Those main characters are werewolves but vampires are a part of that world.

I like books with lots of detail and these fit the bill. Other series I've read and colleted is the Lord of the rings (of course) and Earth's children so that might give you an idea of what I mean.

Series

Vampire Huntress Legend

1. Minion (2003)

2. The Awakening (2004)

3. The Hunted (2004)

4. The Bitten (2005)

5. The Forbidden (2005)

6. The Damned (2006)

7. The Forsaken (2006)

8. The Wicked (2007)

9. The Cursed (2007)

10. The Darkness (2008)

11. The Shadows (2008)

12. The Thirteenth (2009)

Dawn and Darkness (2009)

Crimson Moon

1. Bad Blood (2008)

2. Bite the Bullet (2008)

3. Undead On Arrival (2009)

4. Cursed to Death (2009)

5. Never Cry Werewolf (2010)

6. Left for Undead (2010)

I've seen these while I've been book browsing but with so many vampire based books out there at the moment I couldn't make my mind up. I think I'll keep my eye on them & if I see them at a bargain price I'll snap them up. Until then :lurker: lol.