Richard and Judy 2010

Janet

The Richard and Judy Bookclub are back with 10 new books. These are sure to head straight to the top of the best-seller lists - lucky authors!

The books are:

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

A Place of Secrets by Rachel Hore

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

The Wilding by Maria McCann

No and Me by Delphine de Vigan

Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk

The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha

Operation Mincemeat by Ben MacIntyre

At the moment I quite like the sound of Sister by by Rosamund Lupton, and possibly The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha - not sure about the others, but as they are talked about they might grow on me. :)

I see that Jo Nesbo is being billed as 'The Next Stieg Larsson'. Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm reading The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo as we speak and I can safely say it's a pretty decent read. He weaves the characters together well and there's quite a few twists and turns as well. I'm not so sure about the 'next Stieg Larsson' tag-line he's getting; I didn't rate him as anything out of the ordinary, so the comparison isn't flattering in my opinion. I guess it's just for the hype and it'll make the books sell better I'm sure. Think I'll grab The Snowman though and I'll check out some of those others on the list as well; Richard and Judy's book club choices seem to be good usually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Did anyone read The Crying Tree?

If so what were your thoughts? It's been on my wishlist for a while since coming across it on Richard and Judy's bookclub and I've noticed today it's dropped slightly in price on the kindle.

Wasn't sure if to bother buying it? Or is more of a library job?