Looking for similar writing style

Hello,

I am 16 years old and from Holland. I really dig the writing style of Robert B parker. I read High Profile and am reading Night and day now.

I'm still learning my english and I find Parker's manner of using short sentences in dialogue very nice. I was wondering what books also have this kind of style which makes it easier to read.

I like crime, thriller and a little fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big fan of Robert B Parker myself and he does have a fairly unique style of each chapter being only 2 or 3 pages. Racking my brain for suggestions the only writer I know who comes close in short, clipped passages is Ken Bruen an Irish crime writer. He may not be so well known where you are and be warned his books are much darker noir novels than most crime writers but I thoroughly enjoy his books.

I wonder if the Quick Reads series would suit you?

They are designed for "regular readers wanting a short, fast read, and for those who have lost the reading habit or find reading tough", but I'm sure they would also be suitable for someone beginning to read in English as a foreign language.

There are plenty of these books, specifically commissioned from established authors, available, here, from Amazon

Edited by megustaleer