Dan Rhodes?

Hal76

• 2 weeks later...

I've only read Gold but I absolutely adored it. I think I gave it 5/5. There wasn't all that much to the actual story in the novel, my fascination with it was almost entirely because of the quirky and immensely intriguing characters Rhodes had whipped up. It's not often that I laugh out loud when I'm reading a book, but Gold definitely got me giggling. I know a couple of people on here who've enjoyed Gold as much as I did and who've read more of his novels. I'm hoping to buy his latest novel soon, the synopsis sounds really good :smile2:

• 5 years later...

I recently read This Is Life by Dan Rhodes and absolutely loved it :smile2: (Here's my review in case anyone wants to read it.)  I wanted to see if there was a thread for the author on here, didn't remember I'd actually posted in it already. I was wondering which book by Rhodes to read next, having loved Gold and This Is Life? I hear not all his other novels are as great as those two. 

I have Little Hands Clapping on my TBR pile, and I've actually started reading it maybe three times in the past, but have never gotten further than, say, 10 pages. :shrug: Maybe I've not been in the right mood for it so far. 

Edit: Seeing the thread on Timoleon Vieta Come Home, I think I have to read that next :D 

Edited by frankie