Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

well I'm going to have another go at getting these pics of my new kitties on.

I think they're both boys so I quite lile Milo and Sebastian (Sebby for short) However Phil wants Kili and Fili (names of the Hobbits - geek!)

post-7767-092637800 1304269568_thumb.jpg

They're gorgeous Habeebi :)

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. :friends0:

Habeebi, your babies are so adorable!

Today I finally got my hammy, Hamlet, to try the daredevil ball and he absolutely LOVED it once he got inside. :) When it came time to put him back in the cage he wouldn't come out and kept trying to crawl back in and roll off. :giggle: Its hard to get a decent picture of him because he's so twitchy all the time.

Oh hamsters love the daredevil ball, we had them for our hamsters and like Hamlet, it was a fight to get them out of it. :)

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cute, Habeebi!

Abby, it looks like it'd be just as entertaining to watch Hamlet (great name!) in the ball as it is for him to use it. giggle.gif

I realised that I've never actually posted any pics of Jasper here, so here are a few:

post-3835-042217200 1304299923_thumb.jpg post-3835-041426800 1304299956_thumb.jpg post-3835-050428500 1304300144_thumb.jpg post-3835-012975700 1304300184_thumb.jpg

Aww, he just come and curled up on my lap. I never get sick of this. :)

Yes, I particularly like the one with him curled up among my books too. :)

Unfortunately he doesn't treat my books with much respect. He's forever walking all over them and he's quite a terror in my library. Because I line my books up with the very edge of the shelf, that leaves a lot of room behind them. He likes to climb behind the books and then to get out again he just pushes them off the shelf onto the floor. irked.gif

He managed to tip over his kitty litter tray earlier today and got poop and kitty litter all over the floor. While I was cleaning it all up he sat in my line of sight half way up the stairs. Every time I glanced up at him, he had changed into another more adorable pose, as if to say 'Look at how cute I am! You can't be angry with me when I look so adorable.' giggle.gif

Oh Kylie, you got yourself a book cat!, Jasper is adorable and such a charmer with those beautiful green eyes. :)

My poor Dylan is a bit under the weather, he is stressed out, so he has been pulling out his fur, it started when we started decorating, so I think that Dylan thinks we are moving, we are going to the vet and getting some Feliway (its de~stresses cats), my poor boy :(

Edited by Weave

Weave, I'm sorry to hear about poor Dylan. :( Give him a hug for me please. friends0.gif

I will do, he is doing a bit better today and he is not pulling his fur out as much, he has made a new friend in my sister's bf, I said to her, he's passed the Dylan test, so he's okay :giggle:

I will do, he is doing a bit better today and he is not pulling his fur out as much, he has made a new friend in my sister's bf, I said to her, he's passed the Dylan test, so he's okay :giggle:

Glad to hear he's doing better and making new friends. :) Cats are such sweet creatures.

I'm getting a little concerned about Hamlet. He hasn't been running on his wheel but keeps on eating like he has 2 stomachs. He doesn't actually seem sick, he just won't run. Are some hamsters just not into running?

Glad to hear he's doing better and making new friends. :) Cats are such sweet creatures.

I'm getting a little concerned about Hamlet. He hasn't been running on his wheel but keeps on eating like he has 2 stomachs. He doesn't actually seem sick, he just won't run. Are some hamsters just not into running?

Thanks Abby, Dylan is a wee soul, he never gives us any trouble :) Hamlet might just not be in the mood to run, or he has overstuffed himself with food, I'm not much help, our hamsters went through phases of running around and then chilling out. :)

Edited by Weave

I'm glad you posted Frankie! :friends0: My favourite pastimes are people watching and animal watching, and this nice weather has really bought out all my neighbours cats and dogs!

I knew you weren't the sort of person who'd mind :friends0: Watching animals is very soothing, it always gets me in a better mood.

For example, I was coming home from the train station the other day and while I was passing my neighbor's yard, I noticed the male French bulldog lying on the ground, with his feet stretched all the way back in a funny sort of way. Then I glanced over where his eyes were wandering and there were two girls sun bathing in tiny T-shits and underwear :D The French bulldog is quite the voyerist! :lol: He did look up when he heard me coming, but the sun caught his eyes and he couldn't look straight at me. What a sweetheart!

Jasper is going well. He is being naughty and mischievous as usual. My friend who cat-sat for me while I was away said that he missed me and he sat at my bedroom door and wandered the house looking for me. Now that I'm back he's paying me little attention as usual. :rolleyes: I was only gone for a week and a half, but he looks a little older to me. Aww, they grow up so quickly!

Awww Jasper is very much in love with you and was missing you :smile2: He's just the sort of male who just doesn't let you know when you're actually there :rolleyes:

So many new pics of people's pets, yay! Thanks everyone for posting, it's always so nice to have a look at happy pets :)

Oh and Weave, poor Dylan, I'm glad to hear he's doing a bit better. Give him a hug from me :smile2:

• 2 weeks later...

Our little Oakley, whom we lost almost two years ago...

Aw, sorry to hear that Ken :hug:

Oakley was so cute, Ken! :)

Nice pic, Paula.

I need some advice on how to train Jasper. He is being such a little pain in the butt lately. He has developed an obsession with the TV unit and keeps jumping up on it. Now he seems to be aiming to jump on top of the TV itself. I'm going to get my Dad to bolt it to the unit tomorrow because I will not be impressed if he breaks my expensive telly! He also keeps trying to get behind the TV, despite all the barricades I've erected to discourage him. There are two shelves that I've piled high with CDs and DVDs etc but he just starts pushing them out of the way.

He also got into the books in my library in a major way last night. There were books scattered and out of place everywhere when I finally went to investigate what the thumping noises were about. I've tried sticking him in the laundry or small bathroom as punishment (for around 5 minutes), and I've tried rewarding him for being good, but I can't seem to get him to stop.

He knows enough to know he shouldn't be on the TV unit. The second I start getting up to go get him he jumps down and runs away. Or if I clap my hands really loudly he will get down and stare at me for a minute...then he turns around and does it again! :irked:

What a sweet looking pup, Ken. :friends3:

Paula, Quinn and Dylan sure are dramatic! Looks like they had a little spat and aren't talking to each other! :giggle:

He knows enough to know he shouldn't be on the TV unit. The second I start getting up to go get him he jumps down and runs away. Or if I clap my hands really loudly he will get down and stare at me for a minute...then he turns around and does it again! :irked:

You should try getting that clear carpet protecting matt stuff, the kind that has little plastic spikes on the bottom to keep it from moving when you walk on it, and cut it to fit around the places you don't want Jasper to go and turn it so the little spikes are facing upwards. Its one way you train your cat not to jump on certain thiings, after a few attempts they associate that place with being uncomfortable and won't do it.

Oakley was so cute, Ken! :)

Nice pic, Paula.

I need some advice on how to train Jasper. He is being such a little pain in the butt lately. He has developed an obsession with the TV unit and keeps jumping up on it. Now he seems to be aiming to jump on top of the TV itself. I'm going to get my Dad to bolt it to the unit tomorrow because I will not be impressed if he breaks my expensive telly! He also keeps trying to get behind the TV, despite all the barricades I've erected to discourage him. There are two shelves that I've piled high with CDs and DVDs etc but he just starts pushing them out of the way.

He also got into the books in my library in a major way last night. There were books scattered and out of place everywhere when I finally went to investigate what the thumping noises were about. I've tried sticking him in the laundry or small bathroom as punishment (for around 5 minutes), and I've tried rewarding him for being good, but I can't seem to get him to stop.

Spray bottle hen full of water, works every time :)

Paula, Quinn and Dylan sure are dramatic! Looks like they had a little spat and aren't talking to each other! :giggle:

They were scrapping before Abby because Quinn (very much like a little sister) keeps hitting Dylan on the head until she gets a reaction, then he chases her, she starts crying because he is chasing her, so I ended up shouting at them (which I don't like doing) and they were both in a huff about it. :lol:

Edited by Weave

Thanks Abby and Paula. I went and got my spray bottle immediately and have squirted Jasper twice already. He doesn't like it. giggle.gif It didn't seem to work when I used to try to keep him out of the kitchen, but maybe that I was because I wasn't following out of the room every single time. It's much easier to get him away from the TV unit. :)

Abby, I like the sound of that mat thing. I'll have to look into it. I might try using it for the little door I have going into my library (it's a half-sized door so he's just jumping straight over it). Having something like that might help to stop him entering in the first place.

Haha. I've had to squirt him twice more just while I was trying to write this!

Thanks Abby and Paula. I went and got my spray bottle immediately and have squirted Jasper twice already. He doesn't like it. giggle.gif It didn't seem to work when I used to try to keep him out of the kitchen, but maybe that I was because I wasn't following out of the room every single time. It's much easier to get him away from the TV unit. :)

Abby, I like the sound of that mat thing. I'll have to look into it. I might try using it for the little door I have going into my library (it's a half-sized door so he's just jumping straight over it). Having something like that might help to stop him entering in the first place.

Haha. I've had to squirt him twice more just while I was trying to write this!

Oh they hate the squirt bottle, when Quinn was a kitten we had to fill it up constantly because she was in everything, especially wires, she kept biting through them, eventually by accident, we found that Quinn hates the smell of dove hand cream, so one particularly wire that she would never leave alone, (I know this sounds so weird) but we put the dove hand cream on it, just a wee bit and she didn't go near it. The mat is a great idea, cats learn fast but they will push it for as long as possible just to make sure that you know who is in charge :lol:

I have to admit when I saw you type 'train' and 'cat' in the same sentence, Kylie, I had to laugh! :lol: It takes so much more work than with dogs to do that with cats. The squirt bottle does work though, and when my kittens were little I would also sometimes shake a can that I had filled with pennies. They didn't like that sound!

Sascha by nature is just a little snotty brat I've come to realize, and could probably care less what I tell her she can and can't do :lol:. She's very loveable and cuddly though, so I have a hard time disciplining her because she just looks so cute! I would LOVE to set up a camera in my apartment while I'm gone and see what she gets up to during the day.

When I was downtown last night I saw a man in a wheel chair going down the sidewalk. It was an electric wheel chair and his feet were propped up straight in front of him. Anyway, he had his little white dog sitting up at his feet and the dog was loving it! Kind of like sticking his head out of a car window I imagine. It was very sweet :).

Sascha by nature is just a little snotty brat I've come to realize, and could probably care less what I tell her she can and can't do :lol:. She's very loveable and cuddly though, so I have a hard time disciplining her because she just looks so cute! I would LOVE to set up a camera in my apartment while I'm gone and see what she gets up to during the day.

I'm the same with my cats peace, I can't resist their cute faces :blush: they know how to play me :lol:

I'm the same with my cats peace, I can't resist their cute faces :blush: they know how to play me :lol:

I think that's a cat's biggest quaity, and they totally know it! They know we can't resist them so they just love to saunter around with that secret in their heads :lol:.

I have two 'Dumbo rats' called Spider (Black) and Levi (White/Grey). They are soo comical to watch and are always making me and my friends laugh, especially when Levi is always sneaking off my shoulder to drink out of my mug of tea! Sadly Levi has respiratory problems at the moment and has been on anti-biotics for the past two weeks, but slowly and surely he's recovering and his sneezing is slowing down :)

post-7998-0-82726400-1306675602_thumb.jpg post-7998-0-78051400-1306675769_thumb.jpg post-7998-0-42293000-1306675821_thumb.jpg