Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for all your kind words.

Yesterday was odd as we spent most of it at my sis-in-law's. She has 6 dogs, and my other s-I-l turned up with her 3! Fortunately none are border collies so it wasn't too difficult to bear, the noise and chaos was actually a good distraction. Getting home was tough, but we will get there in time. Our two cats know something has happened and are being doubly needy with us, which is both lovely and awful.

I don't know, blooming animals and the way they inveigle themselves into our hearts and lives. Shouldn't be allowed! :friends0:

Losing a beloved pet is awful. We lost our cat Monie last December and vowed never to have another. Inevitably we trekked to North Yorks in the snow to pick up our new rescue cat in early January; see the picture on my profile. Sophie is lovely and the victim of a divorce; neither side could take her. Suffice to say we are besotted and its lovely to give a rescue cat a new home.

Thank you all. Your words are much appreciated.

We gave a lot of 'bits' to my two sis-in-law yesterday; sacks of food, doggy car ramp, car seat protectors etc. My niece, from whom we got Cap will be getting his new giant dog bed cushion and some toys for her dog. His most favourite toys are going to be washed and kept ~ I couldn't part with them.

Thank you all. Your words are much appreciated.

We gave a lot of 'bits' to my two sis-in-law yesterday; sacks of food, doggy car ramp, car seat protectors etc. My niece, from whom we got Cap will be getting his new giant dog bed cushion and some toys for her dog. His most favourite toys are going to be washed and kept ~ I couldn't part with them.

I'm thinking of you Chrissy, we all are, if you need anything, please let me know :hug:

This morning we had to put our dog, Cap to sleep.

His gastroenteritis hadn't properly cleared up, and he was really sluggish for this morning's walk, despite having been full of beans yesterday. The vet did a blood test that strongly suggested a tumour. An x-ray and scan later and it was confirmed, there were a number of them, and they were nasty ones. There was nothing that could be done, so we cuddled him and told hom how much we loved him, and the terrific vet gently injected him.

At the moment we are pretty much torn up. The chasm that his sudden loss has created will take a long while to heal. This abused and frightened dog came to live with us 4 1/2 years ago and all these years later he had developed into a social, cheeky and mostly calm (as a Border Collie he was a natural fretter!) dog. We are reassured that he knew in his last years that he was safe and very much loved.

friends0.gif I just saw this and am so sorry, Chrissy. It's so hard to lose a pet because they are our family. I'm glad that Cap isn't suffering and that his passing was a peaceful one. empathy.gif

I'm so very sorry to hear about Cap, Chrissy. Loads and loads and loads of virtual squeezes are coming your way from across the pond :hug:.

Thanks M. Very much appreciated. :friends0:

Look! The kitty is reading over my shoulder

That cat is attempting mind control! Willing you to put 'Mice' into google! :lol:

friends0.gif I just saw this and am so sorry, Chrissy. It's so hard to lose a pet because they are our family. I'm glad that Cap isn't suffering and that his passing was a peaceful one. empathy.gif

Thanks Abby. Now we've come through this first week , we are pretty much over the initial shock and are doing ok aside from the occasional funny five (ten-twenty) minutes when his absense makes us crumble. :friends0:

• 2 weeks later...

Our cat Cuddu (pronounced Kithie)

ETA - yikes they're huge - sorry, should have resized them first I guess.

Cute Andrea!!! :)

My boys are not talking to me at the moment as I have denied them access to the behind their cage, I was getting tired of all their little presents and me having to clear them up....:D they are sulking in their little house and making funny noises now!

A very spoiled and contented Quinn ~

Chunkymonkey.jpg

:)

My boys are not talking to me at the moment as I have denied them access to the behind their cage, I was getting tired of all their little presents and me having to clear them up....:D they are sulking in their little house and making funny noises now!

:hug: pickle, pets can be so moody sometimes, I swear if Quinn could slam a door behind her, she would do it :lol:

Right I had to add to the barricade to stop the Guineas from getting round the back of the cage and they are in a real strop, so far they have manged to shift two jars and I now have a had to put the demijohn of sloe gin in the gap so they can't get through although now they are rebelling and trying to chew the lid...ahhhhh :D

Right I had to add to the barricade to stop the Guineas from getting round the back of the cage and they are in a real strop, so far they have manged to shift two jars and I now have a had to put the demijohn of sloe gin in the gap so they can't get through although now they are rebelling and trying to chew the lid...ahhhhh :D

:lol: apparently pickle, its on! :lol:

Quinn is soooo beautiful Weave.

Thanks Alison :):friends3:

• 1 month later...

It's coming up to 2 months since we had our dog Cap put to sleep, and we have been doing ok'sh. We have been growing accustomed to his absence, but this snow has made us feel pretty sad.

Cap turned into an overexcited puppy in the snow, despite any arthritis and heart murmur. Throw a ball, he would tunnel through loads of snow to find it, coming up all snow covered and grinning. He would literally leap about in the huge field that lies on the outskirts of our village, just diving in and out of snowdrifts for the sheer joy of it. I am thinking of him so much right now, the smiles mixed with the odd tear.